Sign in to follow this  
benwbriscoe

Marketplace payment failure

On 9/2/2020 at 3:03 PM, aktorsyl said:

Try without running it as administrator. The game seems to try to authenticate you on your Microsoft account when purchasing, which it mostly seems to not do correctly if it's running as administrator.

Edited by longwave
incorrect response to user

4 hours ago, tyf said:

Hi guys

I had the same problem as the OP.

This worked for me:

• Download & Install the Xbox (beta) app > here < or visit this page
  • Reboot your computer
  • Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from the Xbox app instead of the Windows Store

This worked. Thank-you so much. You are the Man!

• Like 1

I'm still having this problem and ZERO response from the Zendesk which is incredibly frustrating.

This is clearly an issue but Microsoft are not responding to it?!

5 hours ago, benwbriscoe said:

I'm still having this problem and ZERO response from the Zendesk which is incredibly frustrating.

This is clearly an issue but Microsoft are not responding to it?!

You also tried installing the Xbox Beta app and start it from there?

I tried the Xbox (beta) app (including the reboot), and it did not work for me.   Who knew it would be so hard to give someone money?

Charlie Powell

I can't utilize the in game Marketplace either.

Anything on Steam will be F'n easy to buy because Steam, like Amazon, does not use cut rate order cart systems.

If it was hard to buy stuff on Amazon, then Bezos would not be a trillionairie (or whatever his prosperity rubric is).

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I am also having issues making purchases in app.

Tried all suggestions here plus Zendesk FAQ suggestion of removing and then re-adding payment method in MS account.

Guess they don't want my money either...

Edited by Barnes

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Do we think developers will offer their products as stand alone downloads without having to go through the Marketplace? I'd hate to see someone like PMDG only make their products available through the Marketplace when we can't access it?

Sorry to bring this back up, but will we miss out on products because of our inability to access the Marketplace? Or will we be able to go to developers directly?

Thanks

One thing XBox insists on seems to be that the user address is in the same country as the Bank,  As an expat with money going into my home account I prefer using that rater than having to pay to transfer and convert it here and then pay to send it and convert it again to microsoft.

Harry Woodrow

5 hours ago, benwbriscoe said:

Sorry to bring this back up, but will we miss out on products because of our inability to access the Marketplace? Or will we be able to go to developers directly?

Thanks

Not sure, but for the time being, it looks like some vendors like FSDT and Fly Tampa will only be selling through the Marketplace.

It's too bad because I would love to get my hands on FSDT KORD .

I'm hoping something may get fixed in the next patch - There is something on the list about "Marketplace updates".

Edited by Barnes

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

On 9/2/2020 at 10:32 AM, aktorsyl said:

Are you guys running FS as administrator? I found that I got payment failures when doing so. Running FS normally solved it for me.

Worked!  Thank you.  👍😊

• Like 3

Bill  N7IBG     

i have 2 MSFS pc one with steam second the main sim PC with MS Store.

alll settings the same, no problem with ORBX or Aerosoft scenery.

then i want fly tampa EKCH the payment failures in the Main PC tried all solutions i find here.

then i bought it on Steam , no prolem at all

Finnaly i dive in to my win settings , its the same on both pc.

the problem was a easy one , i always have US eng and region contry settings "US" in my Sim pc had lot of problems with some apps to work correct in P3D with native SWE settings.

change the region to my native SWE , yapp it worked no payment failure

Buy on Steam dosent matter witch regon settins you have, MS Store must be the same region on Win PC as your creditcard or PayPal ar registed on.

Edited by westman

If you have a Steam edition of FS, and you get the "purchase pending" error, the fault is that you do not have the Steam overlay set to run with FS. If the overlay is off, they you can't purchase from the marketplace.

In Steam setting check the box to show the overlay in every steam game.

e9QLokE.jpg

sSR0IyP.jpg

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 9/14/2020 at 6:31 PM, benwbriscoe said:

Thanks

I believe you can't buy the Cessna 182 from Carenado directly, so the only way to get that plane is through the Marketplace sadly. So it might be that we will see other addons like that too. As far as I know, you can get pretty much all the other addons from stores like ORBX, Aerosoft, and so on.