Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

Installing Pilot2ATC to work with MSFS 2020

19 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Before adding to a thread surely you should read it and see what'sbeen said already?  Because the question is asked and answered several times. In fact it is asked and answered (regarding ALL programs seriously using SimConnect, not just FSUIPC)in the MSFS forums, and even the FSUIPC forum!

We all hoping that the fix ASOBO have promised for about 6 days time will sort it!

Pete

Hi Dave, I just think one thing is missing to make this ATC the ultimate.

PILOT2ATC communicate with AI traffic. 

Edited by hzyoni
  • Upvote 1

There's a bug in the current version that causes the user aircraft symbol to not show at small/remote airports.  You can try a different airport for departure.

Hi. Good Day. 
Wish to ask is this simconnect comes with the MSFS 2020 or i have to download and install it seperately? 

Thanks

On 8/26/2020 at 1:24 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

No.  Just be sure the sequence is:

Start MSFS 2020

Start FSUIPC7

Start P2A

Wait for MSFS to FULLY START.  (You are in the airplane cockpit , not watching a movie)

Connect P2A

Dave

Hello Dave and others.  No matter what I do and I have followed thr order you state etc I cannot get the pwr to connect, stays red so I cant talk.  I can hear ATIS and it seems to connect but as I say stays red.    Regards.  Darron.  

Edited by Seth2413

2 hours ago, hocksoon05 said:

Hi. Good Day. 
Wish to ask is this simconnect comes with the MSFS 2020 or i have to download and install it seperately? 

Thanks

Simconnect is already in msfs2020.  You'll find there is a number of simconnect files including a dll file.  

2 hours ago, Seth2413 said:

Hello Dave and others.  No matter what I do and I have followed thr order you state etc I cannot get the pwr to connect, stays red so I cant talk.  I can hear ATIS and it seems to connect but as I say stays red.    Regards.  Darron.  

Had the same until I updated FS2020 to V 1.7.14.0 and now P2A works great.

Roland

20 minutes ago, Truij said:

Had the same until I updated FS2020 to V 1.7.14.0 and now P2A works great.

Roland

Thanks Roland but that is version I have also.  

Nope still does it.  Cant connect to any plane.  Pwr stays red.    

Says in box simulator connected, I can talk through the grmr help area so my mic is working, it just stays red.  Pity would love to use this as ATC instead of the garbage default ATC.  

Still works with XP.  

Edited by Seth2413

4 hours ago, Seth2413 said:

Nope still does it.  Cant connect to any plane.  Pwr stays red.    

Says in box simulator connected, I can talk through the grmr help area so my mic is working, it just stays red.  Pity would love to use this as ATC instead of the garbage default ATC.  

Still works with XP.  

Which aircraft?  The avionics master must be switched on for it to work.

Janet Virtual Airline

MSFS2020 / XPlane
i9-9900K, 1070Ti, 32GB Ram, Honeycomb Alpha

As I wrote earlier today, I am able to connect to P2A but I made the following observations during a flight from KJFK to TNCM in the A320 Neo:

1. When headed over to a new controller the Squawk Code changes in the aircraft as well as in P2A

2. A new frequency is only tuned in for a very short period of time and then it is reset to the former frequency or to a completely different frequency

3. After a while in the air, I am not able to communicate to P2A

Roland

P2A does not change the squawk code.  I guess MSFS could be changing it and the radios.  If you have MSFS ATC turned on, a lot of that is automated.  You need to turn off their ATC completely.

As for connecting, you need to have the battery master and avionics master turned on.  If power still doesn't turn green, check the options in P2A config to ignore battery and avionics switches.

Dave