Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

Installing Pilot2ATC to work with MSFS 2020

4 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

P2A does not change the squawk code.  I guess MSFS could be changing it and the radios.  If you have MSFS ATC turned on, a lot of that is automated.  You need to turn off their ATC completely.

As for connecting, you need to have the battery master and avionics master turned on.  If power still doesn't turn green, check the options in P2A config to ignore battery and avionics switches.

Dave

There is an assist mode option in FS2020 to have the AI tune radios and squawk code, try turning it off.

Joe

• Like 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Thanks Dave. I had indeed ATC not turned off . Now it seems to work as I was used from P3D. Great.

Roland

7 hours ago, joepoway said:

There is an assist mode option in FS2020 to have the AI tune radios and squawk code, try turning it off.

Joe

Can you tell me where that is, screenshot? because been trying and cant find it. 

2 hours ago, Seth2413 said:

Can you tell me where that is, screenshot? because been trying and cant find it. 

I believe it’s one of the options in the white drop down arrow at the top. I think it looks like a pilot head and when you select it one of the options is to have AI control the radios. Sorry I’m not at my flightsim PC.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Seth2413 said:

I was having the exact same issue.  I figured out what was causing it for me.  I was using this with X-Plane and i had the weather set to "Sim Weather" in the Config page (Config button on the right of the main UI window in P2A) on the Wx Tab.  I changed that to NOAA Real Weather, and now it's working.  I doubt P2A can talk to the MSFS weather engine at the moment, though Dave would have to confirm.

Joe

Edited by mihalich

11 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

P2A does not change the squawk code.  I guess MSFS could be changing it and the radios.  If you have MSFS ATC turned on, a lot of that is automated.  You need to turn off their ATC completely.

As for connecting, you need to have the battery master and avionics master turned on.  If power still doesn't turn green, check the options in P2A config to ignore battery and avionics switches.

Dave

Thanks Dave.  Ignoring the avionics button now seems to work.  I believe that turning off the voices for ATC seems to turn it off and is better for the horrible pushback anyway as it doesnt wait for you to say it just pushes back left or whatever!!

Im trying to use the A320 but so many issues!!.  For info when I change frequencies through P2A it doesnt change the sim radios but it does the other way around which is ok, will just have to manually change them each time.  

I just did a flight from Sydney to melbourne in the Dev A320NX and for the most part it worked ok except the copilot is now a lazy slob who does nothing like change the radio frequency for me, I have to do that myself now, useless git!!  

Inly issue I had was on descent the program crashed on me.  Brings me back to the great old FSX days of constant crashes.  Will perservere though still flying with XP in the airliners and i'll stick to GA for MSFS and the wonderful scenery that comes with it.  

So Dave for P2A in summary.  

• Check the avionic ignore button if red pwr indicator stays on - (airliners) - Not sure about the GA as havent used p2a for GA.  
  • Radio comms arent changed by the copilot, needed to be done manually.
  • When you change manually on sim it does change the p2a radio comms so they sort of talking there.  
Edited by Seth2413

It is great to be able to use P2A again!  "better for the horrible pushback anyway as it doesnt wait for you to say it just pushes back left or whatever!! "  I hated that too.  Always left me scrambling to send the 'stop push back' call.  😜

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

6 hours ago, Seth2413 said:

Thanks Dave.  Ignoring the avionics button now seems to work.  I believe that turning off the voices for ATC seems to turn it off and is better for the horrible pushback anyway as it doesnt wait for you to say it just pushes back left or whatever!!

Im trying to use the A320 but so many issues!!.  For info when I change frequencies through P2A it doesnt change the sim radios but it does the other way around which is ok, will just have to manually change them each time.  

I just did a flight from Sydney to melbourne in the Dev A320NX and for the most part it worked ok except the copilot is now a lazy slob who does nothing like change the radio frequency for me, I have to do that myself now, useless git!!  

Inly issue I had was on descent the program crashed on me.  Brings me back to the great old FSX days of constant crashes.  Will perservere though still flying with XP in the airliners and i'll stick to GA for MSFS and the wonderful scenery that comes with it.  

So Dave for P2A in summary.  

• Check the avionic ignore button if red pwr indicator stays on - (airliners) - Not sure about the GA as havent used p2a for GA.  
  • Radio comms arent changed by the copilot, needed to be done manually.
  • When you change manually on sim it does change the p2a radio comms so they sort of talking there.  

Have you checked in the Config Speech Tab of P2A the Copilot Options boxes that he responds to the Radio and changes the frequencies?

Some aircraft implement the radios differently and don't allow external programs to change frequencies, etc.  Others have an option to allow that and the default is NO, so you have to find it and change it.  These are generally the airliners, but some GA aircraft may have the same issue.

How do you actually turn off ATC in MSFS 2020 and not just the sound? I've updated my copy of P2A and with advice on here I got it working with msfs. However, I have chased every menu and sub menu in msfs and cannot find how to turn ATC off, turn the sound off, sure but not ATC itself. Or can it even been done. TKS

Edited by PecosPete
  • Upvote 1

Hey guys...just a quick question regarding installing Pilot2ATC for MSFS.  I have downloaeded the beta version however how do you activate the key, do you need to own Pilot2 ATC for this to work? any information would be great.

Regards.

If you're talking about the trial version of Pilot2ATC, no, you do not have to own it.  You do have to install FSUIPC7 to connect it to MSFS2020.

5 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If you're talking about the trial version of Pilot2ATC, no, you do not have to own it.  You do have to install FSUIPC7 to connect it to MSFS2020.

how do i use the key that is with the download though?