Sign in to follow this  
Bilal2104

Just simply stunning

Short video, IFR approach into sandown from London city.

Specs:

I7 10700K

GTX 1070 TI overclocked

16gb ram 3000MHz

1080p

Let me know what you guys think?

• Like 16

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

Impressive stuff, thank you! Nasty weather! Is the airframe icing overdone for effect or is it ok?:cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

9 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Impressive stuff, thank you! Nasty weather! Is the airframe icing overdone for effect or is it ok?:cool:

sometimes i think it's slightly overdone but it does look amazing.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mrodgers said:

As I am new to the gaming PC world, can I ask what the FPS/temp overlay is?  How can I get that?

Its a software called msi afterburner.

• Like 1

Is it just me or does the sim seem to like 1000 series cards better than 2000? A lot of people having issues seem to have a 2080 or 2080ti. Then I see a ton of 1070/1080 guys doing just fine.

Edited by bonchie

57 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Is it just me or does the sim seem to like 1000 series cards better than 2000? A lot of people having issues seem to have a 2080 or 2080ti. Then I see a ton of 1070/1080 guys doing just fine.

I wondered the same thing. A reviewer saying NYC area is unplayable on the lowest graphics settings, but I can do fine on ultra on a 1070 GPU. Yes, I'm running at 1080p and the reviewer is 4K, but a 2080 card shouldn't struggle with the lowest settings at 4K, especially to the point that it becomes unplayable. There's a deeper issue there.

I'm currently glad I have a 1070!

I'm running a 2060 perfectly at the max of my monitor (1080p 60), FWIW.

Nice video. Now go activate your "copy" of Windows 10. 🙂 

1000 series users tend to go for settings that work for them

2000 series users tend to be entitled to go for max settings regardless of circumstances

3600x & 1080ti 

Just flew from Haifa to Beirut at 4k. Mindblowing. Could not decide what is the better experience: DCS Syria in VR or MSFS in 4k. Actually I enjoy both tremendously even if I do not reach 60 FPS in both settings 🙂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bonchie said:

I have a 2080 Super and have no major issues. However I do have an old CPU (i7-4930K) and slower 32GB DDR3 RAM. 

Maybe it's the combination of newer CPUs and newer GPUs that's the issue?

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Nice video, one day I'll have a PC able to run this!

Could you tell me the name of the software you use that shows real time readouts from CPU, GPU, RAM & FPS? Is it free?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, bonchie said:

24 minutes ago, March Hare said:

I wondered the same thing. A reviewer saying NYC area is unplayable on the lowest graphics settings, but I can do fine on ultra on a 1070 GPU. Yes, I'm running at 1080p and the reviewer is 4K, but a 2080 card shouldn't struggle with the lowest settings at 4K, especially to the point that it becomes unplayable. There's a deeper issue there.

I'm currently glad I have a 1070!

I think much of the performance issues are due to vsync / frame rate limiter combo

I have a 1080 card running at 1080p...and can run high / ultra setting with fluid motion like the video..

However, my TV is set to 30hz, with vsync on, and MSFS fps limiter at 60 (not 30, 30 introduces bad stutters). Several folks have confirmed this setting works for them.

I think that there is an issue when setting the internal fps limiter to the hz setting on the tv /monitor. This is why people get stutters "no matter what they" and regardless of their GPU.

Mine is running like word not allowed just bought it, im really not impressed with the controlling in the game, is is nice to look at, but it runs really bad on my pci run it at high not ultra, i have a i7 8700k 4,9 ghz and a gtx 1080ti and 16 gb Memory.

2 hours ago, Bilal2104 said:

sometimes i think it's slightly overdone but it does look amazing.

That's one of the main problems with the sim in its current state.

Wind effects - overdone.
Icing - overdone.
Control input - overdone.

ASOBO, please fix.

Other than that: Just great - great flight model, great scenery.

• Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved