Sign in to follow this  
CaptMatto

VFR Flight Planning

44 minutes ago, lopentan said:

Thanks, is that simconnect final release or only to work until there definitive simconnect?

That is the stone age old FSX SimConnect. Not my development. It allows LNM to connect to all simulators from FSX to P3D and MSFS.

47 minutes ago, lopentan said:

Will be posible read data to create a database from MSFS?

I'm working on the database thing. LNM should be able to show airports like for all other simulators (hopefully).

I also hope to remove the FSX SP2 SimConnect requirement. Have to see.

Alex

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, albar965 said:

That is the stone age old FSX SimConnect. Not my development. It allows LNM to connect to all simulators from FSX to P3D and MSFS.

I'm working on the database thing. LNM should be able to show airports like for all other simulators (hopefully).

I also hope to remove the FSX SP2 SimConnect requirement. Have to see.

Alex

Thats some great news, thanks a lot, Alex.

Edited by Aristoteles

Iñigo Bildarratz

16 hours ago, albar965 said:

You have to install the FSX SP2 SimConnect: https://www.littlenavmap.org/downloads/SimConnect/

Disable AI traffic in the LNM connection dialog to avoid stutters.

Alex

Hi @albar965,

interesting... I never installed FSX SP2 SimConnect since I used LNM only for XP11. To use it with MSFS, I just switched from "Connect directly to a local X-Plane simulator" to "Connect directly to a local FSX or Prepar3D flight simulator".

Edited by Belgarath

Disregard. Double Post.

Edited by Belgarath
Double Post

3 hours ago, Belgarath said:

interesting... I never installed FSX SP2 SimConnect since I used LNM only for XP11. To use it with MSFS, I just switched from "Connect directly to a local X-Plane simulator" to "Connect directly to a local FSX or Prepar3D flight simulator".

SimConnect was already installed on your computer. Maybe an erlier FSX installation.

Alex

It is saying waiting for update using navconnect on client ... but not working. Aircraft not showing up.

Any ideas why ?

@albar965 I can't wait until LNM is fully suppported by MFS! Any updates on when that may be?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

If you’re considering a Navigraph sub for $80 per year you can get the basic ForeFlight for another $10: https://foreflight.com/pricing/

That’s the electronic flight bag used by the vast majority of real-world general aviation pilots, and surely in the near future it will connect directly to MSFS so you can see your location and traffic on the ForeFlight display (as it does now with X-Plane and P3D). I know it’s almost $100, but that’s also probably two dinners out in a given year ...

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

Tried the adviced SkyVector: plan looks great but er... it's impossible to load an fpl into MSFS...? Only flt and pln are supported?

I mainly use SimBrief.  It is nice and you can easily export your flight plan and import it to FS 2020.  I also use SkyVector as a resource.  

On PC LittleNavMap and Plan-G are the free apps that work nice.

On internet of course SkyVector is very well known.

On Android (and maybe also iOS, I haven't checked) the free app AirMate is nice. Create flight plans or type in the ICAO of any airfield and you'll find info and plates. Plates can be selected for download and show on screen in an instant. Very nice.

Edited by RudyB24
  • Like 2

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

50 minutes ago, captain420 said:

@albar965 I can't wait until LNM is fully suppported by MFS! Any updates on when that may be?

Sorry, no idea. Expect weeks. Especially the undocumented changes to the BGL format are a bleeding nuisance causing a lot of work.🙁
Alex

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Sorry, no idea. Expect weeks. Especially the undocumented changes to the BGL format are a bleeding nuisance causing a lot of work.🙁
Alex

Keep us updated if you can. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

18 minutes ago, RudyB24 said:

On PC LittleNavMap and Plan-G are the free apps that work nice.

Not if you only have MSFS installed... I've love to use Plan-G for MSFS but it doesn't work yet.