Sign in to follow this  
Bilal2104

I think i might confirm 16GB isnt enough at all.

hi guys,

I have 16GB of ram and every time i load up into a 747 or 787 at LFPG the sim crashes with low virtual error message. Msi overlay shows using around 14.5GB or ram while in game . Sim freezes and crashes from there.

I think i may need a upgrade of another 16GB here, flying on the high end preset.

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

Crashes are caused by something else, the sim should not crash with 16 GB of RAM. The majority of people do not have 32 GB and do not report crashes.

Edited by MrFuzzy

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I have an i5 processor Nvidia 1060 6GB card and 16GB of ram and I'm running it on high settings ....occasional stutters I must admit but overall pretty good performance with all aircraft. I have been thinking about putting another 16gb into my rig but I'm on the fence about it, will it really make a difference 🤔.... 

Regards

Paul EGCC

I have 16GB RAM and loaded up the 787 at Heathrow (Deluxe Ed) .  Very smooth, no crashes.  

I also thought 16GB would be inadequate, but it my PC is quite happy with Med - High settings, 4K

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

i really doubt it will make much difference, but it sure cannot harm.

5 minutes ago, tull said:

will it really make a difference

Have you monitored RAM use? I have 16GB and have not come close to using it all. The max I've seen was around 10GB with a mix of Med, High settings on a GTX1060. Based on my usage there would be no point but ymmv.

how are you guys getting such low usage on high end where as im getting 11-14gb on the same settings

LFPG has a problem, I have 16 GB of RAM and the game run fine in Ultra everywhere (even in dense areas like New York or KLAX). But I constantly crash after a few minutes at LFPG. 

RAM used never goes above 13.5/14. 

1 minute ago, Bilal2104 said:

how are you guys getting such low usage on high end where as im getting 11-14gb on the same settings

I have not flown for hours yet to see how far up memory usage goes. How much VRAM do you have? Note that if your GPU does not provide enough VRAM, your physical memory will be used to complement graphics memory.

1 minute ago, Bilal2104 said:

Is the sim alone using that much, or is that in total?. Can you reduce the load by closing other apps down?.

I used to have 8GB and XP would use it all, but it would not crash as it would use the page file. Stuttered like buggery though.

The only way it would run (without crashing) on my 16GB machine was to manually set a 10GB pagefile and not allow windows to manage it.

Edited by smoothchat

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

The more RAM you have the more it will allocate and use. so just because you're not using all of your 16 GB doesn't mean you don't need 32 GB. Windows and apps tend to be risk-averse as not to crash your computer and will leave some overhead 

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

6 minutes ago, armchair_pilot said:

I have not flown for hours yet to see how far up memory usage goes. How much VRAM do you have? Note that if your GPU does not provide enough VRAM, your physical memory will be used to complement graphics memory.

I'm running a 1070ti 8gb vram