Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Flightbeam's KDEN?

Would be nice if there was a reliable balanced YouTuber who could do proper comparisons between the default/premium and payware add ons.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I watched Jeff Faviagliano's (spelling?) stream yesterday showing it. It looked pretty bad IMO. Big mesh problems and low quality textures.

Now, maybe there was some issue with his system or install, but buyer beware. I watched his video and then compared it to the default one in my sim and found I liked the latter better because it was cleaner and less buggy. Honestly, unless you are extremely detail oriented, the Asobo version of KDEN is pretty good. I'd buy something you don't have hand-crafted at all.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 2

I believe KDEN received a 142 megabyte update this morning to fix some of the meshing issues, which were actually some of Asobo assets bleeding through. FlightBeam has made an amazing airport here - much better than Asobo's. If you really care about KDEN, don't hesitate. And FlightBeam only makes airports. If anything needs to be fixed, they will fix it.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bonchie said:

I watched Jeff Faviagliano's (spelling?) stream yesterday showing it. It looked pretty bad IMO. Big mesh problems and low quality textures.

Now, maybe there was some issue with his system or install, but buyer beware. I watched his video and then compared it to the default one in my sim and found I liked the latter better because it was cleaner and less buggy. Honestly, unless you are extremely detail oriented, the Asobo version of KDEN is pretty good. I'd buy something you don't have hand-crafted at all.

Do you have the link this video? This is very odd, our textures are far superior to Asobo's KDEN.
Here are some comparison shots. Granted, they're not exactly the same angle, location and lighting, but it gives you a general idea.

Also, I've noticed screenshots where both airports are being displayed. In the release version of MSFS there's a nasty bug that doesn't allow users to disable the Asobo KDEN. You must manually disable it as noted here: http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3832&p=21942

Screenshot_374.jpg

Screenshot_376.jpg

For those that have purchased, thanks very much for your support! This product will get updates and enhancements as we always do.

Edited by Mir // Flightbeam
  • Like 14
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Do you have the link this video? This is very odd, our textures are far superior to Asobo's KDEN.

Yes, it's part of his latest stream here at this link (around 1:19:30 is some of the issues): https://www.twitch.tv/jfavignano

Maybe he's got the bug you are talking about. I'd contact him and tell him how to fix it because he's got a million subscribers on YouTube and it wasn't a good look.

Edited by bonchie

3 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Here are some comparison shots. Granted, they're not exactly the same angle, location and lighting, but it gives you a general idea.

Also, I've noticed screenshots where both airports are being displayed. In the release version of MSFS there's a nasty bug that doesn't allow users to disable the Asobo KDEN. You must manually disable it as noted here: http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3832&p=21942

Screenshot_374.jpg

Screenshot_376.jpg

Very nice work.

If I can offer any advice as a customer it would be including these types of comparison shots as apart of the promotion of a new product. Really helps us guys who aren’t necessary familiar with the default version and as we now have a sim that offers improved default airports it’s a big help in making the decision to buy.

• Like 3

Mir! 🙂

Thank you for chiming in. That would explain the ground texture ugliness I saw briefly the other night. I'll check your thread and respond back on your forums if I'm unable to get this corrected. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Yes, it's part of his latest stream here at this link: https://www.twitch.tv/jfavignano

Maybe he's got the bug you are talking about. I'd contact him and tell him how to fix it because he's got a million subscribers on YouTube and it wasn't a good look.

I've tried contacting Favignano in the past many times.. and even met him at FlightsimExpo in Vegas. He's not very receptive unfortunately.

• Like 5

@Mir // Flightbeam

Would the issue of the Asobo KDEN not being disabled also cause the green center taxi lights not being there? 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 minute ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

It's extremely likely.. since the lights are definitely in there 🙂

Ok. I'll get it done tonight and report back.

I hope your sales go great! I also wanted to ask - is there a potential for some groundbreaking dev technology to be utilized with this simulator that you feel would improve the overall product quality from every aspect of it? 

Jacek G.

Will bumps  no taxiways will be fixed?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

9 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Ok. I'll get it done tonight and report back.

I hope your sales go great! I also wanted to ask - is there a potential for some groundbreaking dev technology to be utilized with this simulator that you feel would improve the overall product quality from every aspect of it? 

Thanks for your support! Yes absolutely.. but we'll see that happen slowly over time. Things at airports will start to become a lot more interactive and seemless.

9 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Will bumps  no taxiways will be fixed?

Yes, for the next update, several of the taxiways will be smoothed out a bit. The current terraforming tool in the SDK is slightly limited.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Thanks for your support! Yes absolutely.. but we'll see that happen slowly over time. Things at airports will start to become a lot more interactive and seemless.

Yes, for the next update, several of the taxiways will be smoothed out a bit. The current terraforming tool in the SDK is slightly limited.

I've been you customer in FSX, P3D , XP11 and now in MSFS. In fact your KDEN is the first thing I have purchased since I got new sim. I know MSFS a bit a curve ball at the moment. So I'm looking forward for updates and more airport from you guys!

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Thanks for this, does this mean we have to delete the files for Asobo's default airport if we were to replace them with a 3rd party? Such as OrbX LOWI. Do we need to go into Asobo's LOWI and delete the 2 json files as well? Or is this fix specifically for FB KDEN?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU