Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Flightbeam's KDEN?

1 hour ago, markjj said:

Curious about this as well.  A couple of people have told me it's better than Asobo's hand crafted KDEN (because none of the hand crafted airports perform very well for me at the moment)

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

How is the performance?

I have not found the performance to be different than default scenery - in other words, no noticeable difference in CPU or GPU usage at the airport.

Part of the benefit of KDEN is that there's no complex city right next to the airport, unlike LAX, SFO, NYC, etc, where I do see (and expect) degradation due to the complex urban environments around the airports...

But also, Mir and team have always done a great job with performance. I love LVFR stuff and have most of it (for P3D), but look at the performance difference between LVFR KMIA and FB KSFO in P3D as exhibit A for how FlightBeam manages to present second-to-none details and textures while not obliterating performance... 

• Like 4

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

1 hour ago, Carts85 said:

Very nice work.

If I can offer any advice as a customer it would be including these types of comparison shots as apart of the promotion of a new product. Really helps us guys who aren’t necessary familiar with the default version and as we now have a sim that offers improved default airports it’s a big help in making the decision to buy.

As you wish 🙂 I've just added a KDEN compare page on our website, I'll make this visible on the product page today: https://www.flightbeam.net/kden-compare.html/

There will be more comparison shots coming too.

20 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Thanks for this, does this mean we have to delete the files for Asobo's default airport if we were to replace them with a 3rd party? Such as OrbX LOWI. Do we need to go into Asobo's LOWI and delete the 2 json files as well? Or is this fix specifically for FB KDEN?

I'm not sure to be honest. I think this may have been an issue specifically with KDEN since it was impossible for us to exclude it through our own files. Excluding all other airports has not been a problem that I've seen.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

One area that needs adjustment is the passenger drop off areas next to the terminal.  Asobo has that area as parking and it appears Flightbeam does as well.  

i9-10900k * 64GB 3600MHz Ram * RTX 3090 running 3 75" 4k displays smoothly.  

Full 737 MAX enclosed cockpit from FDS

30 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Thanks for this, does this mean we have to delete the files for Asobo's default airport if we were to replace them with a 3rd party? Such as OrbX LOWI. Do we need to go into Asobo's LOWI and delete the 2 json files as well? Or is this fix specifically for FB KDEN?

I have Orbx LOWI as well as FB KDEN, since I owned both for P3D, both were discounted even further beyond the already low prices. I did not need to make a change to the Asobo LOWI folder like I did for the Asobo KDEN folder. I have not noticed any anomalies at either airport. As Mir mentioned, hopefully this will be addressed by Asobo so we don't have to do this going forward.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

As you wish 🙂 I've just added a KDEN compare page on our website, I'll make this visible on the product page today: https://www.flightbeam.net/kden-compare.html/

Awesome! By the way, I haven't seen anything yet (though may have missed it on one of the channels), have you made a decision or announced what's coming to MSFS next? Or are you keeping us in suspense...

27 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Awesome! By the way, I haven't seen anything yet (though may have missed it on one of the channels), have you made a decision or announced what's coming to MSFS next? Or are you keeping us in suspense...

It will likely be between KMSP and KIAD for the next one 🙂 Always up for suggestions. KSFO will come a bit later as it's undergoing V3 treatment.

• Like 8

Mir Flightbeam, would love if you can do some airports in the SE Asian region. Some suggestions are:

1. Suvarnabhumi Airport - VTBS (Bangkok, Thailand)
  2. Phuket - VTSP (Phuket, Thailand)
  3. Changi - WSSS (Singapore)
  4. VVTS - Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
  5. VVDN - Da Nang International (Da Nang, Vietnam)
  6. RTCP - Taoyuan International (Taipei, Taiwan)

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

12 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

It will likely be between KMSP and KIAD for the next one 🙂 Always up for suggestions. KSFO will come a bit later as it's undergoing V3 treatment.

No requests, mostly just excited for what's next. I'm fine with waiting on KSFO since there's a reasonable replica already included in the super deluxe diamond platinum edition of MSFS. I guess I'd lean towards KIAD, but I can't back that up with any meaningful argument. SEQM is another of my favs, but to be honest, I haven't even checked out the 'hand crafted' SEQM in MSFS yet, so don't know if it's serviceable...

Do you have any idea if EDDN is on the list for Captain7?

On 8/21/2020 at 5:34 PM, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Do you have the link this video? This is very odd, our textures are far superior to Asobo's KDEN.
Here are some comparison shots. Granted, they're not exactly the same angle, location and lighting, but it gives you a general idea.

Also, I've noticed screenshots where both airports are being displayed. In the release version of MSFS there's a nasty bug that doesn't allow users to disable the Asobo KDEN. You must manually disable it as noted here: http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3832&p=21942

Screenshot_374.jpg

Screenshot_376.jpg

For those that have purchased, thanks very much for your support! This product will get updates and enhancements as we always do.

This is why I forever stan Flightbeam and Flytampa. Will gladly get your KIAD and KSFO again if they come out for msfs 2020.

Edit: I forgot LatinVFR 😆

Edited by SirKibble

Yep. Flightbeam will continue in the buy without question category just like it did in p3d 

• Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

Yep. Flightbeam will continue in the buy without question category just like it did in p3d 

Me as well.   Have not got DEN for MSFS yet, but my purchase is not far off.  (I vividly recall my 1st approach with the P3d version...then the landing...then the taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi, taxi....then to roll under the passenger walkway....then past those stunning gates! It was the greatest 3 hours of my simming career. 🤣

Seeing you're from Atlanta.....have you checkout Stone Mountain yet?  I think MS/AS nailed it.

YFueM8.jpg

On 8/21/2020 at 1:36 PM, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Mir, MSP is probably my 2nd favorite FlightBeam release, with SFO being at the top.  I can only imagine the work that has to go into SFO (Take your time, I'm having so much fun discovering the world that'll be a while before I get around to SFO. 🙂

As far as suggestions for new airports, I agree with @captain420 about Asian airports.  I neglected part of the world for sure.  Even though Singapore was done by a competing dev, I'd be a day one purchaser of that landmark airport from FB.

I love your rendition of Quito and flew a lot of cargo in and out of her...any other airports on that continent would also be very welcome. 😉

Regardless of your choice for a new project, or the release schedule of your existing beauties, I hope the massive influx of customers brand new to simming will do a little research to discover what the core simming community already knows about your products. 😉

If they do, I predict a solid future for your business!

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

@Steve DraI haven't checked out atlanta too much yet.  but that does look amazing.  One thing I noticed is the georgia dome is still there.  Not mercedes benz which replaced it.  But I'm sure that's coming.  thanks for the pic

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 minutes ago, micstatic said:

@Steve DraI haven't checked out atlanta too much yet.  but that does look amazing.  One thing I noticed is the georgia dome is still there.  Not mercedes benz which replaced it.  But I'm sure that's coming.  thanks for the pic

With all of the trees in Atlanta, so far its been the biggest performance hit for me....more so than SOCAL and LAX.  I didn't even explore downtown much...really only saw it off my right wing...Just took off from KRYY (where I worked as a ramp rat years ago....saw the huge hole next to it the mining company dug there, flew over Kennasaw mountain (mound is really a better description LOL)....hung a left at Dobbins and cut across 75/85/285 straight over to Stone Mountain, which you can see in the distance (like you should).  From my vantage point the city looked pretty good....will have to see if I can find The Varsity and grab a burger after the game (wait...we're not doing that anymore) 😞

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

That new comparison page on the FlightBeam site is super slick.  I instantly purchased KDEN. The installer worked like a charm and I was lead to the location to delete the 2 default files. Nice.  Thanks Mir.

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

On 8/21/2020 at 1:36 PM, Mir // Flightbeam said:

I vote for adding KMSY to your todo list.  Big new terminal, nice sized airport, great surrounds.  This will give FlightBeam a presence in the South.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .