Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Flightbeam's KDEN?

Did anyone grab it? Thoughts? The price point is surprisingly great compared to the pricing for P3D? I did get it, not too convinced on the ground textures and looks like taxi lines on the apron do not have any taxi lights? I need to spend a little more time there, but so far so good. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

The prices being lower for add-ons has an obvious reason: No need to spend money on obtaining expensive ortophotos. At least as long as the Bing image in the simulator is sufficient.

• Like 2

I can not believe HOW HUGE that airport is!  There are some sunken ground issues with remote parking areas but overall I think it's great.  Haven't checked the night lighting yet but did a bunch of taxiing around and flying over with the Virus then a flight from there to KLAX with the A320 after I purchased the other day.

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

I am curious if this is the same KDEN that comes with the Premium Deluxe version of MSFS 2020 or is it a separate purchase? 

22 minutes ago, carmined said:

I can not believe HOW HUGE that airport is!  There are some sunken ground issues with remote parking areas but overall I think it's great.  Haven't checked the night lighting yet but did a bunch of taxiing around and flying over with the Virus then a flight from there to KLAX with the A320 after I purchased the other day.

Having lived out in Colorado for several years, we would often joke how when you flew in to Denver, you basically landed in Kansas and then taxied the rest of the way in. 😆

• Like 8

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

6 minutes ago, PurdueKev said:

Having lived out in Colorado for several years, we would often joke how when you flew in to Denver, you basically landed in Kansas and then taxied the rest of the way in. 😆

I had that same exact experience, I swear I was taxing for nearly 45 minutes one time.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

it's a great scenery.  buy it

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

36 minutes ago, Depam said:

I am curious if this is the same KDEN that comes with the Premium Deluxe version of MSFS 2020 or is it a separate purchase? 

No it’s separate— The premium deluxe version of DEN, of which is nicer than the default, pales in comparison to FB’s.

The A Concourse on the Premium Deluxe version is completely dark, no ramp lights, and the windows at the airport are a bunch of year 1800 residential windows stitched together vs the large rectangular windows it should have. 

Flightbeam’s is totally worth it. 

Edited by UAL4life
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Depam said:

Totally separate.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

1 minute ago, UAL4life said:

The A Concourse on the Premium Deluxe version is completely dark, no ramp lights, and the windows at the airport are a bunch of year 1800 residential windows stitched together vs the large rectangular windows it should have. 

Yep, precisely the reason why I instantly pulled the trigger on it. I couldn't see anything at the gate. 

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Is the airport fully functional? Tower, ATC, frequencies procedures, approaches, ground services, all working?

Edited by Der Zeitgeist

2 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

How is the performance?

Curious about this as well.  A couple of people have told me it's better than Asobo's hand crafted KDEN (because none of the hand crafted airports perform very well for me at the moment)

Mark Javornik

1 minute ago, G-YMML1 said:

How is the performance?

I never had better performance in the area in P3D, but the amount of AI was super low (still hosed from MSFT) 

Jacek G.