Sign in to follow this  
Kirbyk48

What I REALLY like about MSFS 2020 is....

Say something other the graphics which almost everyone loves (at least in concept if not always in execution.)

For me, as a totally unskilled pilot through several iterations of the MSFS franchise, it’s the pattern approach gates.  Even if I could navigate to the destination airport, I could never get lined up properly for the landing.  My landings are nowhere near perfect yet, but now I have a reason to keep on trying.  Thank you, developers.

• Like 5

I’m starting to really like the UI I. The sim. wasn’t a fan at first but now really enjoying it. 

• Like 7

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Streaming ortho instead of requiring TBs of HD space. 

Edited by Wewk584
  • Like 5

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

1 hour ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I’m starting to really like the UI I. The sim. wasn’t a fan at first but now really enjoying it. 

Same. I was really puzzled by all the negative feedback about it. I found it totally intuitive from the beginning.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

The drone camera and all of it's relevant options are pretty sweet.  Using it with an Xbox controller or similar gives you a fantastic experiencing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

6 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I found it totally intuitive from the beginning.

Same. But I saw some on the alpha/beta forums struggling angrily, and very insistent that it was a horrible (and gamey) mess.

Eventually I began to suspect a large portion of the issue was due to too long familiarity with legacy interfaces, coupled with a basic resistance to learning again from scratch.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 minutes ago, DylanC said:

The drone camera and all of it's relevant options are pretty sweet.  Using it with an Xbox controller or similar gives you a fantastic experiencing.

Xbox controllers reek of gaming however, so are not the most palatable of control interfaces within the community. 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The modular design to allow for future updates and scenery improvements. Ambient sounds and the sounds in general. Icing/Rain effects. The trees and grass as well as seeing cars in parking lots and on street sides. Having the ability to load SIDs and STARs. Real live traffic (once we get airline liveries). Not having to buy as many addons like AI Traffic/Weather. A somewhat airport map to pick starting positions. The trailer showing the airport after you created a flight but before to start it to get a look at the airport and its surroundings. The waves. The Hangar to look at the plane in all kinds of views.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Xbox controllers reek of gaming however, so are not the most palatable of control interfaces within the community. 

In P3D I use it for Avatar mode but actually like the drone version over avatar especially since I fly UAVs.

• Like 1

I too am really liking this new sim. My computer is middle of the road in performance. 
I’m able to fly in places I couldn’t in P3D with most settings in high to ultra. Very happy so far!

David

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

a basic resistance to learning again from scratch.

That seems to have been the driver behind a large part of the negative feedback.

Bloody boomers.

• Like 5

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

9 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Agreed, but I'm not using the Xbox controller for the aircraft, only camera views.

• Upvote 1

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."