Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

Engaging the Co-Pilot - and becoming a passenger experience

I recently came across a FS2020 user who discussed this feature and uploaded a video displaying 4 minutes leading up to and including landing and taxiing. 

The user didn't detail how they did it - ergo, I had to conduct some research and discovered the methodology.

I finally tried this feature out on the A320 Neo - and I must say, it worked pretty darn well overall.

The only issue the co-pilot was causing, was a constant over-speed warning throughout the flight until setting up for landing. This overspeed was causing the aircraft to overshoot some waypoints on the flight plan. In this instance, 2 wp's were overshot and the co-pilot had to maneuvre/circle back to correct this. 

I opted to alternate passenger seats from internal Wing View and internal Engine View. 

It was an absolute blast. I can only imagine if a 3rd party dev (freeware or payware) jumps onto this - the possibilities are almost endless. Great immersion.

And, the Co-Pilot landed qualitatively/safely and taxied to the gate. No injuries to passenger, or damage to aircraft.

So if you weren't aware of this feature, or you were aware and haven't tried it yet - it's well worth it.

• Like 6

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I dont understand why someone would want the sim pilot to fly the plane and you just watch from a passenger seat. Instead you could just watch some YouTube videos of real flights filmed through the window by passengers. Better graphics and smooth fps in the real world.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sanh said:

I dont understand why someone would want the sim pilot to fly the plane and you just watch from a passenger seat. Instead you could just watch some YouTube videos of real flights filmed through the window by passengers. Better graphics and smooth fps in the real world.

Horses for courses buddy.

And just to be clear - it's not my intention to do this on every flight. But all the same, it's a great little feature imo. 😉

• Like 7

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Because watching a youtube video isn't the same because we want to see what it looks like from a sim/game pov. I've been waiting a long time for something like this where the AI would be smart enough to handle the entire flight, so that I can focus on multitasking. Perhaps doing some work while from time to time go into my flight and taking some nice pictures to document my flight and create beautiful videos for a flight vlog. The possibilities are endless using an automated feature like this. I hope the AI will improve overtime. Would love to use this to watch takeoff and landings as well.

• Like 3

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, captain420 said:

Because watching a youtube video isn't the same because we want to see what it looks like from a sim/game pov. I've been waiting a long time for something like this where the AI would be smart enough to handle the entire flight, so that I can focus on multitasking. Perhaps doing some work while from time to time go into my flight and taking some nice pictures to document my flight and create beautiful videos for a flight vlog. The possibilities are endless using an automated feature like this. I hope the AI will improve overtime. Would love to use this to watch takeoff and landings as well.

Looks like someone understands this feature and how it can be utilized for greater purposes. 😉

• Like 2

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Most of my time in the new sim has been using it this way - you can explore the whole world!
At the moment I am doing my flying in P3D (until my usual aircraft choice becomes available in MSFS - I only ever fly the one aircraft type) and my exploration of the planet in MSFS with the AI pilot.

How fantastic this feature is!

• Like 2

I will definitely try this when I get the sim.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

10 hours ago, sanh said:

Maybe he wants to use MSFS2020 as a passenger sim?

Is it any of your business?

• Like 3

I use Voice Attack with pretty much all my game installs (Star Citizen, DCS, RDR2, IL2, Cliffs of Dover). And made a quick profile for FS20.

I do use the "1st Officer/Co-Pilot has the Conn or Control" and "I have the Conn / Control" a fair bit. I'm not sure what the correct terminology is, but this works for me, and the beauty of VA is the commands can be edited as required.

I fliew from Kemble to Colerne (practicing for my upcoming Battle of Britain aerodrome tour)! However, the Co-Pilot struggled with the "Final" entry point (just went around and around in a circle). So, I took over, and landed.

Once on the ground I handed control back to the Co-Pilot. AI followed the Taxi Line, but this disappeared into a corner of one of the buildings, but exited a few feet the other side of the corner. The Co-Pilot still followed the Taxi Line, and cipped the Aeroplane (A5) half in to the building. So still not quite there yet.

27 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Maybe he wants to use MSFS2020 as a passenger sim?

Is it any of your business?

No and that's fine. I have no problem with it. Was just trying to understand as I never heard of a flight sim being used this way. I'll give it a go as well although I am taking a vomit bag considering how the autopilot flies in msfs!

Edited by sanh

Sorry I know this is a really old post. but I use a terrific Add On for VR MF SF Flight sim called. - Multi Crew experience, it provides  a fully fledged Aircraft handling team and a Great AI pilot called "Clive"  (the default one but can be changed) who will take over each part. or aspect of the flight or the whole process from initial cold and dark checks to landing and turning everything off, Really work a google, The add on runs externally but alongside MSFS2020 and works perfectly almost all of the time. Designed to be spoken to as in real life. Much better than the Default AI.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MartinHawkingSchwanke said:

Sorry I know this is a really old post. but I use a terrific Add On for VR MF SF Flight sim called. - Multi Crew experience, it provides  a fully fledged Aircraft handling team and a Great AI pilot called "Clive"  (the default one but can be changed) who will take over each part. or aspect of the flight or the whole process from initial cold and dark checks to landing and turning everything off, Really work a google, The add on runs externally but alongside MSFS2020 and works perfectly almost all of the time. Designed to be spoken to as in real life. Much better than the Default AI.. 

Really? I wasn't aware of this at all. So you're telling me Multicrew Experience has an AI pilot feature where it will fly the entire flight, meaning from cold and dark startup, engine starts, taxiing to the runway, take off, fly the whole route without problems, setup for landing, autoland, taxi to gate, and shut down engines, etc. ALL AUTOMATICALLY?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU