Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Help please... (Micro)stuttering still present

Although disabling the rolling cache resolved the main performance issues, I still have microstuttering.

I've tried everything in my knowledge, even the weirdest stuff (swapping DP / HDMI cable, running it on an LCD TV low settings full offline, disconnecting SATA drives, terminating software and background services, a fresh install of Win10...) but regardless of the settings, I always have this kind of jerky frametimes - a microstutter every few seconds - that kills the experience. Lower settings improve the framerate (which I don't need) but the regular stutters remain.

This has been recorded during the Rijeka - Santorini bush flight and it is 100% representative of my FS 2020 experience so far:

ir6gFct.jpg

Anyone else experienced (and possibly solved) this?

Thank you so much for any help!

Cheers

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Well, I found microstutters are unavoidable, at least in the airliners, and the stutters seem only to appear during taxi, take-off, approach and landing, usually starting on the appraoch. So basically, when you're sort of fast (150kts) and close to the ground. Once at the gate, they're gone again. It has NOTHING to do with overall system load, lowering settings doesn't affect the microstutters. I think we'll have to live with them for now. At least during cruise, it's butter smooth.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Internal FPS counter (I uninstalled MSI Afterburner too). The main cause of the stuttering seems to be CoherentGTDraw even though the VFR map is disabled.

1VTkJvf.png

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

They appear to be unavoidable for now..... I wonder if a patch will resolve this, apparently they weren’t there in alpha/beta. I suppose that based on who you talk to/believe I suppose though. 

I haven't to be honest bought the new simulator yet, but I see several post's saying they experience better flow, higher FPS by sliding your RENDER scale down. Well this comes at a visual price, but going careful down and and try finding that "perfect spot" where sharpness and flow are at their best ratio, might perhaps be worth a try?

16 minutes ago, Halvdan said:

I haven't to be honest bought the new simulator yet, but I see several post's saying they experience better flow, higher FPS by sliding your RENDER scale down. Well this comes at a visual price, but going careful down and and try finding that "perfect spot" where sharpness and flow are at their best ratio, might perhaps be worth a try?

I believe the issue isn’t FPS, but micro stuttering. You can get 40-50 FPS and still have micro stuttering. 

26 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I believe the issue isn’t FPS, but micro stuttering. You can get 40-50 FPS and still have micro stuttering. 

Exactly. And what baffles me is that all the folks who were into alpha/beta didn't experience that. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Halvdan said:

Render scaling helps in GPU limited situations, not when you are CPU/main thread limited or have microstuttering due to unoptimized instrument screens... this is also the main reason of the low fps in airliners cockpits.

• Like 1

This is your problem.
I have it when i fly glass, and gone when not.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

+1

good catch !

I'm in same situation : good frame rate but micro stutter with glass cockpit (no stutter when outside orbit view or with classical instrument planes)

------------------

Guillaume CHARRIER

I found, that even with the smallest GPS, I can make the game stutter.
Do the devs even know about this?

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

On 8/23/2020 at 3:13 PM, MrFuzzy said:

Internal FPS counter (I uninstalled MSI Afterburner too). The main cause of the stuttering seems to be CoherentGTDraw even though the VFR map is disabled.

CoherentGT draws every kind of 2D/vector gauge so, in your case, it's the Garmin. Do you have better results in the same place, with same settings, using the analog C152 ?

On 8/23/2020 at 7:19 AM, Halvdan said:

With a GTX 2070 Super any render scale value over 100 kills the GPU w/ my settings.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X