Sign in to follow this  
744 driver

Track ir view resetting

I’ve been experiencing an irritating issue with Track ir in MSFS 2020. When I pause track ir, after a few seconds it will reset to the default forward facing view. I’ve looked in all the settings and can’t for the life of me figure out how to stop this. If I want to focus on something outside or in the cockpit and I pause that view it just snaps right back to the upfront view. 

Anyone else have this issue? Suggestions for a fix would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks. 

• Upvote 1

Mark Adams, KPWM

I've seen this same myself and have not been able to find a reason for it.  Been meaning to post here before submitting a zendesk ticket to see if anyone else had run into the same.   Thanks for doing it for me.  😄

Edited by kaosfere

Yes same here. It is annoying. Other than this, Track IR seems to be working perfectly. I have set the reset view and pause view to buttons on one of my controllers which has made things more intuative but the snap to fwd view after a few seconds persists.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

9 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Yes same here. It is annoying. Other than this, Track IR seems to be working perfectly. I have set the reset view and pause view to buttons on one of my controllers which has made things more intuative but the snap to fwd view after a few seconds persists.

Mind explaining how you did that? I have F9/F12 on keyboard but no way to program those keys to a stick.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Same here OP, my biggest complaint right now, trackir is pretty good for the most part but trying to click on things without pausing is tough. Right now I just have "next panel and previous panel" mapped to my hat switch

Tyson Rose

8 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I have F9/F12 on keyboard but no way to program those keys to a stick.

In the TrackUI application, click on the button that lets you map a key to a command and then press a button on your stick instead of a key.  It should register right there for you.

1 hour ago, kaosfere said:

In the TrackUI application, click on the button that lets you map a key to a command and then press a button on your stick instead of a key.  It should register right there for you.

AHA! I was going to see if the TIR interface itself allowed that. Now I know!

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

5 hours ago, 744 driver said:

Anyone else have this issue? Suggestions for a fix would be greatly appreciated. 

It has been doing that since TrackIR was first implemented in MSFS.  At least the delay is longer than it was at first.

So far we've found no way to fix it.  I'd prefer my view remained locked where I paused TrackIR.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

5 hours ago, 744 driver said:

I’ve been experiencing an irritating issue with Track ir in MSFS 2020. When I pause track ir, after a few seconds it will reset to the default forward facing view. I’ve looked in all the settings and can’t for the life of me figure out how to stop this. If I want to focus on something outside or in the cockpit and I pause that view it just snaps right back to the upfront view. 

Thanks. 

Here's what you do.

1. Closedown MSFS 2020.

2. Go to Amazon and order a G2 Reverb.

3. Enjoy the sunshine because once the VR version is released you won't be going outside much anymore.

😎

Edited by Aceman2020

22 minutes ago, Aceman2020 said:

Here's what you do.

1. Closedown MSFS 2020.

3. Enjoy the sunshine because once the VR version is released you won't be going outside much anymore.

😎

Lol you are highly optimistic about an unreleased VR on a unreleased update of a game that released on a state worse than most alpha trials. Anyway, I got my G2 ordered as well. Looking forward for Xplane and DCS since I refunded my Flight Shitmulator.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Aceman2020 said:

Here's what you do.

1. Closedown MSFS 2020.

😎

4. Keep a popsicle stick nearby for when you have a seizure. 

I think we are a ways away from high quality VR, IMO we need 4k per eye with retina tracking. It is fun but my old eyes can't do it for longer than 30 minutes

Tyson Rose

Thanks all for your replies regarding this issue. Good to know I’m not the only one. This has GOT to be fixed at some point. I’m hopeful that it will be. I haven’t seen it on the official open issue items at the MSFS forums though. 

As far as the VR suggestion, it makes me a little nervous to spend that kind of money considering the issues people have had with motion sickness which I am prone to. 

Thanks everyone. Let’s keep our fingers crossed for a fix for this soon. 

Mark Adams, KPWM

35 minutes ago, shadow133 said:

Lol you are highly optimistic about an unreleased VR on a unreleased update of a game that released on a state worse than most alpha trials. Anyway, I got my G2 ordered as well. Looking forward for Xplane and DCS since I refunded my Flight Shitmulator.

You must need a better PC or something because I have had no issues at all. MSFS2020 has raised the bar to new heights and I can't wait for the VR version. I uninstalled DCS and currently fly aerofly FS2 VR.  I never had Xplane but aerofly fs2 VR is amazing with orbx scenery packs. Check out Innsbruck.

25 minutes ago, snwboardn said:

4. Keep a popsicle stick nearby for when you have a seizure. 

I think we are a ways away from high quality VR, IMO we need 4k per eye with retina tracking. It is fun but my old eyes can't do it for longer than 30 minutes

Have you not tried aerofly fs2 with orbx scenery? We are already there. The G2 and MSFS in VR will be a new era in simulation.

15 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Mind explaining how you did that? I have F9/F12 on keyboard but no way to program those keys to a stick.

Yes, as kaosfere said. However, do create a new profile as the default profile will allow you to make the edits but it won't allow you to save. I created a new MSFS profile and selected F12 and F9 options to rather be an up/down switch close at hand on the controller. You cannot set this inside the sim, only in the TrackIR application. Then, make sure that profile is active before you go flying. I also tweaked the sensitivity curve for Yaw to suit my liking. The rest I left on the default curves.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Works like a charm.

Thanx again,

Vic

• Like 1