Sign in to follow this  
Spike1950

Real Weather .... Is that working for anyone?

1 minute ago, Paraffin said:

Is there any negative impact if you run RivaTuner just for the FPS display and nothing else? I use the FPS display as a frame rate check for flight sims and games since I don't always trust internally-generated FPS counters. Haven't noticed any problems so far, but now I'm wondering...

I've given up looking at frame rates long ago, so I don't have a good answer. If you want to test various settings and then check the performance, you could use the framerate/statistics window that''s available in MSFS developer mode.

5 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Is there any negative impact if you run RivaTuner just for the FPS display and nothing else? I use the FPS display as a frame rate check for flight sims and games since I don't always trust internally-generated FPS counters. Haven't noticed any problems so far, but now I'm wondering...

The FPS is part of the onscreen display so yes.. How it injects the OSD into DirectX and OGL is known to cause a variety of issues over a variety of games. For instance, Assassins Creed Odyssey HATES RivaTuner.. It will crash it, and randomly turn off HDR.

Rivatuner is great for random benchmarking and making sure your temps are fine, but nothing you should be running for every game, every time. 

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors