Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

Question - Will 2d cockpit view ever be available?

2D-Panels are the horse and buggy of flight simming. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, RustyFlyer said:

I suspect that the additional costs to provide such a feature in MFS are not in fact prohibitive and would, actually, foster additional sales.

I’m not so sure it would.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

43 minutes ago, RustyFlyer said:

That is not the point of the discussion

Then what is the discussion exactly? Nostalgia for the past? 

All of the two additional people who would buy MSFS if it had 2D cockpits aren't even going to pay for 1 hour of an Asobo developers time.

Edited by Slides
  • Upvote 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

59 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I’m not so sure it would.

Why should this cost efforts if it was already provided in the FSX code? it is nothing that they have to re-invent. What effort should it takes to blit a 2D bmp with a few xml gauges on the screen? rocket science? Since day one I said I don't understand why it was a standard feat of the sim and still got removed by MS...you would have now many home sim builders happy and the few grandfathers and mothers that helped make this sim today onboard FS2020 and happy now...just my 2-cents thought, you can bash me trough the ground now LOL!!

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

2D-Panels are the horse and buggy of flight simming. 

•  
  • Irrelevant. That is not the point of the discussion. Nobody is disputing that lol. The discussion has to do with those who prefer to have the *option* to use a 2D panel when & should they wish to... for *whatever* reason(s). Color photography is the industry standard now, but folks still create b&w imagery. The folks at Adobe provide mechanisms in Photoshop for these & similar purposes, as do the folks at Nikon, Canon and others for analogous reasons.

Do I use ringtones simulating bell telephones from 50+ years ago on my smartphone? No. Should people have the ability to do so should they wish to? Yes. Would I use a 2D panel? No. Should those who wish to do so be able to? Yes. This assumes that the costs to provide such a feature are not prohibitive. I suspect that the additional costs to provide such a feature in MFS are not in fact prohibitive and would, actually, foster additional sales.

Edited by RustyFlyer

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

Probably not. It's 2020 and that's not a focus of newer sims. DCS doesn't have 2D either.

I'm not saying that to disparage anyone's way of simming, but it's unlikely.

Edited by bonchie

1 minute ago, bonchie said:

Probably not. It's 2020 and that's not a focus of newer sims. DCS doesn't have 2D either.

I'm not saying that to disparage anyone's way of simming, but it's unlikely.

I understand your pov and it is very acceptable.

However DCS and a bunch of the modern era sims never had that either as far I remember.

FS did and for that same reason it is being debated why it had to be stripped off if it doesnt bother anybody that doesn't really use it, they can just ignored it or switch of, but leave the feat available for the ones that needed for whatever (odd) reason want to have it. 

13 minutes ago, adino said:

Why should this cost efforts if it was already provided in the FSX code? it is nothing that they have to re-invent. What effort should it takes to blit a 2D bmp with a few xml gauges on the screen? rocket science? Since day one I said I don't understand why it was a standard feat of the sim and still got removed by MS...you would have now many home sim builders happy and the few grandfathers and mothers that helped make this sim today onboard FS2020 and happy now...just my 2-cents thought, you can bash me trough the ground now LOL!!

2020 isn’t fsx code 

• Like 2

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

1 minute ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

2020 isn’t fsx code 

It is NOT, but you should revisit the discovery series video for more insight info, furthermore much of the code is still supported in FS2020 wait for the cockpit SDK to be released..

5 minutes ago, adino said:

It is NOT, but you should revisit the discovery series video for more insight info, furthermore much of the code is still supported in FS2020 wait for the cockpit SDK to be released..

Well then in that case, Many items that are broken in the sim should not be broken if it’s nothing new to them right?..IE a direct to function on the gps should work out of the gate, that’s also not new to them, yet here we are 😉

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Well then in that case, Many items that are broken in the sim should not be broken if it’s nothing new to them right?..IE a direct to function on the gps should work out of the gate, that’s also not new to them, yet here we are 😉

That is exactly the problem. It might have been sort of working; now it it broken.

"2020 isn’t fsx code"  I agree: It is FSX code on steroids, but... perhaps "bad steroids"

21 hours ago, SidekickUBT said:

Its a simple view for beginner. Why would they remove this view? Plus, maximize view too.

Tim

Hello.
The might be a glimpse of hope for Your request. See this: https://ibb.co/7WLNkDT

1 hour ago, RamonB said:

That is exactly the problem. It might have been sort of working; now it it broken.

"2020 isn’t fsx code"  I agree: It is FSX code on steroids, but... perhaps "bad steroids"

No, FSX was a crack house when it comes to coding.  On FS2020’s worse day it’s better than FSX.  Truth be told 2d panels should have been discontinued in FSX but that didn’t happen.  Today it’s flat out insane to ask for this in a modern simulator.  Like others have said if you want 2d panels FSX Steam Addition is still for sale.  We have options.  Heck I stayed with FS9 until this release.  You’d think I of all people would come in here asking for the old flight planner back.  If the new stuff is a show stopper do like the rest of us and stick with what works for you.  The new way of tweaking FSX instead of flying didn’t work for me so I stayed with FS9.  In no way do we need 2d panels in this sim...

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

16 minutes ago, RamonB said:

Hello.
The might be a glimpse of hope for Your request. See this: https://ibb.co/7WLNkDT

He’s trying much like I’m trying to find that Longitude config file to adjust the fuel load and range.  Wish us both luck please...

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2