Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Taxilight lights up the cockpit more than the ground?

Am I the only one that think the taxi lights are a bit strange? When I flick them on, the cockpit actually lights up, like the light is bleeding through the floor. Are they trying to portray some high fidelity feature of the real thing, or is this a pure bug?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

You're not alone, noticed this too. Some aircraft more noticeable than others.

• Like 1

RE Thomason Jr.

Yeah lights go through solid objects Unfortunately... not sure if it’s an engine limitation like ArmA3’s or just certain models. 

Yes, I have noticed this particularly woth the A320 NEO.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

As I'm still learning to fly and navigate, I've been using the Cessna 152 and 172 and haven't noticed this (to the extent that I did my first night flight in the 152 and couldn't see my instrument panel, not realising there's a cockpit light). Maybe it's only certain aircraft.

The Cessna Citation, the Longitude and the A320 have this problem. I haven't noticed it on other airplanes, but I haven't tested them all. Didn't notice it in the da40, baron, c208b, c152, 172, tbm. 

What they all have in common, though, is that the range of the landing lights is way too short. I can spit longer than that range. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

3 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Am I the only one that think the taxi lights are a bit strange? When I flick them on, the cockpit actually lights up, like the light is bleeding through the floor. Are they trying to portray some high fidelity feature of the real thing, or is this a pure bug?

Yeah I have it in the 320, pretty sure it's a bug.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB