Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Installing just a few liveries from 10 GB livery megapack?

Hi.  So the latest livery megapack from Clinks has been released: https://www.reddit.com/r/MSFSLiveries/comments/ikm0qz/clinks_livery_megapack_v8_out_now_150_new_liveries/.  It has some 323 liveries, but according to Discoord, it takes 10 GB of space unzipped.  10 GB is a lot for an SSD, especially if you are low on space.  If I just want a few liveries from this megapack, is there a way to just install the few liveries I want, rather than all 10 GB?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

You should be able to just download it and transfer what you want from the zip file to your community folder. What i'm unsure about is the aircraft.cfg for each plane, if you only want certain liveries i'm not sure if you need to modify this.

I did install an early version of this with a few liveries but removed everything apart from what was in the Neo folder because much of it was either needless junk or repaints of the 747 with mirrored textures. Seems they've gone further now, constantly repacking each pack like this doesn't really seem to me like the best way to go about it.

It can be done, BUT, it's not easy at all, you'll have to modify files...
Here's a video that explains how liveries work in MSFS, may help you out.

Kris Hague
simmer since SubLogic days...

Are there at least thumbnails posted somewhere?  I am interested only in the GA aircraft so do not need to install all those  large jet liveries. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Are there at least thumbnails posted somewhere?  I am interested only in the GA aircraft so do not need to install all those  large jet liveries. 

I'm not sure there is to be honest and I removed what was there. All of the GA repaints I saw were simple colour variants of the liveries included, some pretty garish as well!

• Upvote 1

The megapack is not interesting for me at all since there isn't  a favorite/only show favorite function in MSFS yet. Cant even quickly search for the livery I want, I need to scroll through pages and pages to get to the one I want. I dont wanna fiddle with all the cfg editing that comes with only installing a few of the 150+ liveries in that pack. Do you guys know if all those 150+ liveries also are downloadable individually?

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

39 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Hi.  So the latest livery megapack from Clinks has been released: https://www.reddit.com/r/MSFSLiveries/comments/ikm0qz/clinks_livery_megapack_v8_out_now_150_new_liveries/.  It has some 323 liveries, but according to Discoord, it takes 10 GB of space unzipped.  10 GB is a lot for an SSD, especially if you are low on space.  If I just want a few liveries from this megapack, is there a way to just install the few liveries I want, rather than all 10 GB?

I've given up on these mega packs, too much junk mixed in and I don't need 25 repaints of the same aircraft. I did one of the earlier ones, deleted the paints I didn't want, then had to remove and renumber them in the cfg file. Then MSFS (or some file that comes with the mega pack?) kept re-editing the cfg file, adding some kind of user and AI paints, which would then show up in the sim. I kept going back and deleting the additions, and finally after two times the cfg quit getting re-edited. No more for me

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Do you guys know if all those 150+ liveries also are downloadable individually?

I haven't noticed it anywhere, seems to be the megapack or nothing.

I'm going to hang back and see if others become involved and if things like mirrored texturing receive attention. It might be a rush for these people to get these repaints out because they are desperate to be first, i've got no rush to have all of these repaints in my game.

• Like 1

Yeah, it looks like the .CFG file needs to be edited.  I deleted all the other folders of the liveries I didn't want but unfortunately, that didn't work.  Seems like you need to also edit the .CFG file.  That's too bad. 10 GB is a crazy amount of space.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Wow, i didn't realize it takes 10gb! I have just been downloading and installing like it's no tomorrow. I do appreciate these packs because it makes the sim more realistic but maybe I will curb my installing. I have a question for you guys. When a new livery pack is released and it contains more liveries do you delete all the folders from the "first" pack and just replace them with the new ones. I also use them as ai planes by changing the use ai entry. Do I also have to edit over 150 aircraft config entries. Thanks

2 hours ago, bosflo said:

Wow, i didn't realize it takes 10gb! I have just been downloading and installing like it's no tomorrow. I do appreciate these packs because it makes the sim more realistic but maybe I will curb my installing. I have a question for you guys. When a new livery pack is released and it contains more liveries do you delete all the folders from the "first" pack and just replace them with the new ones. I also use them as ai planes by changing the use ai entry. Do I also have to edit over 150 aircraft config entries. Thanks

I've just copied the new release over the old one and select 'yes' to replace files with same name...has worked fine for me so far!

Edited by khague3
cuz I can't spell!!

Kris Hague
simmer since SubLogic days...

I'm still lost on the folder structure for the sim. There was a post in the tips section, but just like the video, it doesn't say what the default installation path is.

If I accepted the default installation path (C drive, same as OS) where are the files located?

C:\???

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

7 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

If you go to it's thread at https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/master-a320neo-livery-list/167041

it has some that have links to just that livery set.

• Like 1

James

Its kinda a catch 22. If I get my favorite livery, and then want some more later, then I will have to do the cfg editing (and I never was good at or fond of that), or I download the megapack and live with the irritation of scrolling through 99% of liveries that I dont need. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78