Sign in to follow this  
FAZZ3

A much more accessible version of TrackIR

Looks interesting I hate the track IR clip must give it a go

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Fazz3

First I have heard of this app and it looks promising.  A little more information would be really helpful and welcomed by me at least.

Information on where it may be obtained or bought, or trialled, prices and set up procedure etc. At least, a link to where this info is available from.

Regards and good luck with it.

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

30 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Fazz3

First I have heard of this app and it looks promising.  A little more information would be really helpful and welcomed by me at least.

Information on where it may be obtained or bought, or trialled, prices and set up procedure etc. At least, a link to where this info is available from.

Regards and good luck with it.

Tony

The embedded link previews a demo video as well as all the details of the app. Perhaps it's not visible on your end. Nevertheless, I've copy pasted it below.

---

Thanks to your encouragement & feedback, I've turned the silky smooth 6 DOF head-tracking app I wrote for myself into a full-fledged app for both stores - since today, it's now available for Android as well: the Android version of SmoothTrack is now in public beta!

Hey y'all, so here we are a few weeks after I posted a video of myself playing around with my little app that connects to OpenTrack to give you silky smooth fully 3d head tracking for any game that supports TrackIR - FS2020, Elite, IL2, DCS, ETS2, ATS, and many more. Thanks to all your encouragement and excitement, I've now turned it into both an iOS app and an Android app.

You can join the public beta for Android here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.epaga.smoothtrack (during beta it will be at a reduced price of roughly 5€ depending on where you're at)

The only requirement for the android app is Google AR Services, which means it supports the devices on this list: https://developers.google.com/ar/discover/supported-devices

The main thread with all further info is here => https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/iga0ak/thanks_to_all_your_excitement_last_week_i_went/

Edit: A few of you asked, so here's the iOS App Store link: https://apps.apple.com/de/app/smoothtrack/id1528839485?l=en

FAQ: "How do you see anything when you move your head? I don't get it."

Answer: Your head movements are exaggerated so you keep your eyes on the screen but only need to slightly move your head - it's way more intuitive than it might sound at first.

• Like 1

Looks awesome was thinking about track ir but the clip bolted to a hat put me off I look silly enough in front of my rig as it is!  I can see the link for iOS above, this definitely works on an apple device?

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

28 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Looks awesome was thinking about track ir but the clip bolted to a hat put me off I look silly enough in front of my rig as it is!  I can see the link for iOS above, this definitely works on an apple device?

Yep! 

Here's the link: https://apps.apple.com/de/app/smoothtrack/id1528839485?l=en

I believe the author made it a paid app of $9.99

Cool thanks looking at the Reddit post it says your phone has to support Face ID which after quick google is only supported on iPhone X and above.  I use iPhone 7 with iOS 13 - will this work??

Thomas Derbyshire

3 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Cool thanks looking at the Reddit post it says your phone has to support Face ID which after quick google is only supported on iPhone X and above.  I use iPhone 7 with iOS 13 - will this work??

The developer actually mentioned in the Reddit thread that his app works on any device which has iOS13.

It will work, in the latest update I added support for ANY iOS 13 device, not only those with TrueDepth cameras (if you did have a TrueDepth camera it would use it)

Link to his comment

• Like 1

Probably a very stupid question but how does this actually work? I have an iPhone 11 will it work with that and do I need to cellotape my phone to the monitor? Seriously confused 😐 

I tried it, albeit not for very long, and found it very clunky and hard to use. My desk is pretty much filled up with sim gear, so I don't have any obvious place to place my phone so it tracks my face straight on. Also, I dont think my pc is strong enough (yet) to handle the added load from this app. So, it's not for everyone. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

58 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

.... I look silly enough in front of my rig as it is!...

Lol!

• Like 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

holy cow just bought this on impulse and it totally worked first time in MSFS!  Blown away......

I've always been interested in headtracking but always looked a faff with more wires and things stuck to my head.....

Thomas Derbyshire

Attention I’ve heard that some users have reported that the app consume a lot and quickly deplete your phone battery.

Edited by guibru

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case