Sign in to follow this  
kt069

Freeware Monaco - Just Stunning

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

As far as I know, they use Blender, and there's two step process, first importing the object in Blender, then optimizing the texture with baking. The 2nd step is optional, and the scenery will work, just it will be very heavy on fps because of the thousands+ materials.

Well that can be done pretty easy in blender to to have a few maps in a few steps...

André

On 9/6/2020 at 10:17 AM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Thanks for this. But is this some unreleased airport from Asobo? I have the premium edition and don't have this. Also where do I put this folder? Inside of Community or the Official/OneStore?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Thanks for this. But is this some unreleased airport from Asobo? I have the premium edition and don't have this. Also where do I put this folder? Inside of Community or the Official/OneStore?

Community folder yes. From what I am aware, it is leaked. But was made by Asobo. They were in the alpha at some point and removed for release. There are a few more like it too apparently. (Zaragoza being one of the others that I know of) 

13 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Community folder yes. From what I am aware, it is leaked. But was made by Asobo. They were in the alpha at some point and removed for release. There are a few more like it too apparently. (Zaragoza being one of the others that I know of) 

Any reason why it wasn't included? And do you happen to know where we can get all the other non-released Asobo airports?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

27 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Any reason why it wasn't included? And do you happen to know where we can get all the other non-released Asobo airports?

No idea and no idea, sorry. It’s just what I’ve found on the net and been reading. I too would like to know why they removed it from release version. It’s very strange.

On 9/6/2020 at 7:14 PM, virtuali said:

Not really, the real problem is that it comes with 16.653 individual 256x256 textures in the texture folder, and each one is a different material, and so many material changes are very expensive.

If it used few 4k textures instead, it could have used 256 times LESS textures ( about 65 ), meaning only 65 material changes, but of course that requires knowing how to do proper material baking.

You're right. This amount of non-optimized textures will kill any scene. I get 5 FPS. Sorry, I'm sending it to the trash bin.

10fknu.jpg

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Duplicate message

Edited by BMW969

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

12 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

No idea and no idea, sorry. It’s just what I’ve found on the net and been reading. I too would like to know why they removed it from release version. It’s very strange.

I checked the "Asobo" LEMG files and I can safely say there's no way Asobo made it, and for some reason "forgot" to include it, because:

- Textures are NOT PBR. DDS are in FSX format, using the Diffuse/Specular method instead of the native Albedo/Metallic method required by a native MSFS scenery. There isn't a single Normal map texture.

- All DDS textures are in the DXT3 format, exported with the DDS plugin for Gimp. A "proper" MSFS scenery would use the new BC5/7 format, which is created by the native build system or the Babylon .GLTF exporter.

- The main .BGL file is in FSX format, with each and every single object in .MDL format,and all objects are in the FSX format. There is even one made for FS9.Not a single object use .GTLF, which is the native 3d format for an MSFS scenery.

- Many "friendly" names of the various object (those you give when making the project in 3ds max ) are in german, like "LEMG_Hafenoffice", "lemg_rathaus", "LEMG_sandelkirche", "lemg_schornstein", "LEMGloeschflugzeuge". That seems to indicate the original author of the scenery speaks german.

I'm fairly sure this is not a scenery made by Asobo, but it's something made for FSX, using legacy textures ( no PBR ), made by some people of a german-speaking country, that has been repackaged as an MSFS package, taking advantage of the ( limited ) backward compatibility with the .MDL format and non-PBR textures offered by MSFS.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

On 9/9/2020 at 12:42, virtuali said:

Revisé los archivos LEMG "Asobo" y puedo decir con seguridad que no hay forma de que Asobo lo haya hecho, y por alguna razón "olvidé" incluirlo, porque:

- Las texturas NO son PBR. Los DDS están en formato FSX, utilizando el método Diffuse / Specular en lugar del método nativo Albedo / Metallic requerido por un escenario MSFS nativo. No hay una sola textura de mapa Normal.

- Todas las texturas DDS están en formato DXT3, exportadas con el complemento DDS para Gimp. Un escenario MSFS "adecuado" utilizaría el nuevo formato BC5 / 7, que es creado por el sistema de compilación nativo o el exportador .GLTF de Babylon.

- El archivo .BGL principal está en formato FSX, con todos y cada uno de los objetos en formato .MDL, y todos los objetos están en formato FSX. Incluso hay uno hecho para FS9. Ni un solo objeto usa .GTLF, que es el formato 3D nativo para un escenario MSFS.

- Muchos nombres "descriptivos" de los distintos objetos (los que da al hacer el proyecto en 3ds max) están en alemán, como "LEMG_Hafenoffice", "lemg_rathaus", "LEMG_sandelkirche", "lemg_schornstein", "LEMGloeschflugzeuge". Eso parece indicar que el autor original de la escenografía habla alemán.

Estoy bastante seguro de que este no es un escenario creado por Asobo, pero es algo hecho para FSX, usando texturas heredadas (sin PBR), hecho por algunas personas de un país de habla alemana, que ha sido reempaquetado como un paquete MSFS, tomando ventaja de la compatibilidad con versiones anteriores (limitada) con el formato .MDL y las texturas que no son PBR que ofrece MSFS.

It would not be strange if it was the Aerosoft-Simwings scenario of FSX or Prepar3d adapted to MSFS 2020

On 9/9/2020 at 11:42 AM, virtuali said:

I checked the "Asobo" LEMG files and I can safely say there's no way Asobo made it, and for some reason "forgot" to include it, because:

- Textures are NOT PBR. DDS are in FSX format, using the Diffuse/Specular method instead of the native Albedo/Metallic method required by a native MSFS scenery. There isn't a single Normal map texture.

- All DDS textures are in the DXT3 format, exported with the DDS plugin for Gimp. A "proper" MSFS scenery would use the new BC5/7 format, which is created by the native build system or the Babylon .GLTF exporter.

- The main .BGL file is in FSX format, with each and every single object in .MDL format,and all objects are in the FSX format. There is even one made for FS9.Not a single object use .GTLF, which is the native 3d format for an MSFS scenery.

- Many "friendly" names of the various object (those you give when making the project in 3ds max ) are in german, like "LEMG_Hafenoffice", "lemg_rathaus", "LEMG_sandelkirche", "lemg_schornstein", "LEMGloeschflugzeuge". That seems to indicate the original author of the scenery speaks german.

I'm fairly sure this is not a scenery made by Asobo, but it's something made for FSX, using legacy textures ( no PBR ), made by some people of a german-speaking country, that has been repackaged as an MSFS package, taking advantage of the ( limited ) backward compatibility with the .MDL format and non-PBR textures offered by MSFS.

wow, it does not look bad from the runway, when I loaded it up, but..well, thank you for your insight Umberto. Its free so its better than no LEMG for the time being.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 9/9/2020 at 10:15 AM, BMW969 said:

You're right. This amount of non-optimized textures will kill any scene. I get 5 FPS. Sorry, I'm sending it to the trash bin.

10fknu.jpg

Try optimising your computer haha! My fps was around 20 and then when I got to monaco it went up! No problems flying around this area it's pretty sweet! Honestly I get good frames mostly. If I stay to the coast I get over 40 but flying directly over buildings it does drop down to 20 so perhaps needs a little optimisation but keeping a reasonable height or flying along the coast and the frames are fine.

2020-09-19.jpg

Edited by dtrjones

My word guys, have you ever seen anything like this in a flight simulator any simulator before! simply amazing!

2020-09-19-1.jpg

I've sadly had to  take this back out of my Community folder for now. I tried my first flight since the latest update, but even sitting on Runway 04L (therefore facing in the direction of Monaco) my framerate dropped from 30-40 fps to just 7-9 fps. Simply turning my view 180 degrees (whether in external or cockpit view) put my framerate back to normal. The same happens after take-off - fine if I look behind me, 7-7 fps looking ahead. So it's really crippling my framerate even when it's over a couple of headlands away which is puzzling.

Everything returned to normal after removing it from the Community folder. deleted the manual cache I'd made of the area first, with no improvement. I can only assume something in the update increased the framerate hit, despite both updates so far having vastly improved my fps overall.

Fingers crossed the next update will resolve things or we get an official Cote d'Azure scenery improvement before too long because I'll miss the fantastic sight views this add-on offered.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)