Sign in to follow this  
M3Stang

Better FPS when I click on other monitors

I tried to search but could not find this, maybe I am using the wrong words. I notice that at 100% CPU load, when I get like 8 FPS I can click on one of my other displays that are not displaying the game, and the FPS goes to 30 and I can still control with my joy stick just fine. CPU usage is still 100% but it does not seem to affect game play. Once I click back on the game it drops again until the cpu load drops and I am GPU bound again. I just OCed my CPU and GPU today actually after 4 years of ownership and it runs a bit better when GPU bound but these 100% CPU hits are still awful. Is there a way for the game to run nice even when it is in focus?

6700k OCed to 4.4GHz

EVGA 1070 FTW +130 core +575 mem.

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

Game installed on 980 PRO

Main display Gigabyte M27Q X 27" 1440p 240Hz

This is known. Search this forum for Process Lasso.

• Like 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Try turning off the Xbox game bar in Windows too. For some reason this completely fixed the issue for me where moving the mouse was causing huge choppiness with my frame rates but switching window focus stopped it. 

8 hours ago, Colonel X said:

This is known. Search this forum for Process Lasso.

Only an option to try. It serves some setups. For me Lasso did nothing. Making something else focus instead of FS 2020 makes a difference in smoothness.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

If Im understanding you right, when you click on the other screen the FPS go up because it is the FPS of that particular screen that is being measured not your game FPS and that is why when you go back to your game screen it drops back, this has been brought up on other forums before.

It's not about FPS going up, it's about a lot smoother game with a lot less stutter when you click on the second monitor.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

31 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

it's about a lot smoother game with a lot less stutter when you click on the second monitor

I tried everything to fix the focus issue, including Project Lasso, and nothing worked. After the last update I was constantly having to alt-tab out to a minimised windows explorer to get smooth gameplay and moving the mouse at all caused extreme choppiness. But once I switched off the Xbox game bar completely in Windows settings that fixed the whole problem for some reason. Now the game is totally smooth and I can move the mouse as much as I want with zero issues even over long flights. Hoping the next patch doesn't balls things up again...

Stupid question...

How do you switch off the Xbox Game Bar?

Thanks,

Brian

• Like 1

I'd also like to know how to switch that off as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

How to Disable Windows 10 Game Bar

disable through Settings App.

1. Press Win + I or use other ways to open Windows Settings.
  2. Locate and select Gaming.
  3. Make sure Game bar is selected in the left panel.
  4. Find Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar in the right panel.
  5. Click the switch under it to turn it Off

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I turned off game bar but the sneaky bugger was still hanging out in the taskbar processes so make you sure to end task. With the game bar off I noticed less stutters.

8 hours ago, Tektolnes said:

I tried everything to fix the focus issue, including Project Lasso, and nothing worked. After the last update I was constantly having to alt-tab out to a minimised windows explorer to get smooth gameplay and moving the mouse at all caused extreme choppiness. But once I switched off the Xbox game bar completely in Windows settings that fixed the whole problem for some reason. Now the game is totally smooth and I can move the mouse as much as I want with zero issues even over long flights. Hoping the next patch doesn't balls things up again...

My XBox Game Bar was already turned off from the moment i installed Win 10. Making another window focus still did his thing.

Forgot to reply back, process lasso fixed it for me!

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

Game installed on 980 PRO

Main display Gigabyte M27Q X 27" 1440p 240Hz

Note that with process lasso you need to right click on the fs2020 process and set Windows Dynamic Thread priority to disabled.

On my system i am able to set that to always and it remembers however some people have reported needing to do it manually every time they start FS2020