Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

Remove toolbar handle - works well!

I've been searching for an option to turn the toolbar off, obviously I had no luck. Thank you for this! Much appreciated.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 3:10 PM, bobcat999 said:

What's the problem with me wanting the option to remove it if I want? 

Personally I find it annoying and distracting when it pops up every time I move the mouse.  If you don't, fine! 👍 it It is a mod; you don't have to install it if you don't want to.

I'm with you it's a gamey feature and I only want to see it when I need to use it,great little mod, have been using for months with no issue

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

2 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

I'm with you it's a gamey feature and I only want to see it when I need to use it,great little mod, have been using for months with no issue

Yep

My video recording software can be set to ignore the mouse pointer but NOT this annoying popup bar.   it is a very useful mod.

On 9/12/2020 at 5:52 AM, bobcat999 said:

I find the pop-up tool bar handle at the top of the screen a little annoying.  Maybe it's good for beginners to show them there is something there at the top (the menu icons), but most of us know how to find them now.

I was hoping MS/Asobo might put a toggle for it in the settings menu in a future patch, but some kind soul has developed a little mod to remove it.

It works just as advertised.  The menu icons are still there of course when you move the mouse to the top of the screen.

It's a really small file, about 8kb.  Just drop it into the Community folder as usual.  Works a treat. 👍

Fantastic! Thanks for posting. And please ignore individuals who have never come across the concept of subjectivity and think that because its not annoying to them it isn't for everybody. 

👍

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 6:04 AM, Ricardo41 said:

What's the problem with the tool bar "handle"? Another solution in search of a problem......

Its annoying, it sits there stupidly like an icicle and spoils immersion. Long live modders!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1