Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Favorite Payware Airports

I know many of you have been reluctant to buy payware airports, it's understandable, but if you could take a chance or have taken a chance on payware, which are your favorite?

I'm leaning toward taking a chance on Sierrasim's SKPS & SKMZ.

Both look outstanding. They are also my kind of airports; In the mountains with challenging approaches.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I've bought EGLC, EKCH, LOWI, LOWW, LFTZ, KDEN. KORD and KSBA. There's honestly not a single one I regret having purchased (though it's definitely time to put my credit card away for a bit now!). I think my favourite US airport so far is KORD and my favourite European airport is LOWI, followed by EKCH. 

Those Sierrasim airports do look really nice. If you like tricky approaches, LOWI is obviously a great one, but LFTZ (St. Tropez) has its challenges as well. I've made a video review of it which includes a circuit if you're interested: 

Edited by mrfilbert
  • Like 4

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

19 hours ago, DJJose said:

I know many of you have been reluctant to buy payware airports, it's understandable, but if you could take a chance or have taken a chance on payware, which are your favorite?

I'm leaning toward taking a chance on Sierrasim's SKPS & SKMZ.

Both look outstanding. They are also my kind of airports; In the mountains with challenging approaches.

I have them in P3D V4.5 and they are great for the price. I've hesitated purchasing them for MSFS because the screenshots on the product pages left me under whelmed. They don't look like they ported well into the new sim with very poor textures. I hope to hear from those that do have them though and hope I'm proven wrong.

My favorite payware is Orbx's KSBA. It looks stunning and has a great feel. 

Edited by mdreyer
  • Like 2

Murray Dreyer

2 hours ago, mrfilbert said:

I've bought EGLC, EKCH, LOWI, LOWW, LFTZ, KDEN. KORD and KSBA. There's honestly not a single one I regret having purchased (though it's definitely time to put my credit card away for a bit now!). I think my favourite US airport so far is KORD and my favourite European airport is LOWI, followed by EKCH. 

Those Sierrasim airports do look really nice. If you like tricky approaches, LOWI is obviously a great one, but LFTZ (St. Tropez) has its challenges as well. I've made a video review of it which includes a circuit if you're interested: 

Hi Filbert,

Great video, and as to the point you made in the video about the airport being very dark at night with no runway or taxiway lighting, this is how it is in real life. Official info for the airport:

The main working hours are from 0700h to 1900 and on request from sunrise to sunset. It is not equipped to operate at night due to the lack of runway lights. (Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Môle_–_Saint-Tropez_Airport)

This is by far one of my favourite airports in MSFS, the developers really have done a great job at capturing the immersion that the hilly surroundings bring to the approach into the airport.

There are a few great videos online showing real approaches into LFTZ, see links below.

Cheers,

Jerome

Edited by jzimmermann
  • Like 2

Thanks! I have LOWI for P3D & XP11. I think that the default (enhanced)  is good enough for now. I'll add LFTZ to my wish list.

1 hour ago, mdreyer said:

My favorite payware is Orbx's KSBA. It looks stunning and has a great feel. 

ORBX KSBA, 1S2, & KORS, will be added to cart since they are all nicely discounted. DONE!

Keep them coming. Black Friday is right around the corner.

This will become my wish list.

Thanks!

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

ORBX KSBA received a 6 out of 10 score by this reviewer. Thankfully, I don't trust everyone is an expert.

Very nice and well done video. I'm actually a fan of your videos. Good sound and visuals.

• Like 1

When the SDK is fully developed, I can’t wait to see what these guys will pull up their sleeves. Deep down I just know they’ll find a way to wow the community like they did in the Fsx and then later the 64-bit P3D days.

23 hours ago, DJJose said:

I would probably get some smaller, regional or local airports like Tacoma Narrows or Orcas Island.

I'm currently not buying any airports, though. It seems that most payware airports are still not feature-complete because of the SDK problems with missing approach procedures, ATC and ground services.

Why the need to buy things IMMEDIATELY. Wait 6 months to a year until the market sorts itself out and quality rises and the quicky money graps fall to the bottom. 

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

ORBX KSBA received a 6 out of 10 score by this reviewer.

He's absolutely right. It's certainly not worth a higher score. ORBX can do better.

So far have Tacoma and London City from Orbx, but my favourite if Bristol from UK2000 - only because it's my home airport.

all of them are pretty ordinary when looking at them objectively

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

I will definitely be getting Vienna as it looks absolutely gorgeous & I go there several times a year.

• Like 1

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans