Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The avionics failure bug is the end of the line for me

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

I haven't suffer from this bug (yet) I use Live traffic and aircraft density at normal settings.

I also never experienced it up to know. I also use Live traffic only, but I think it's not "AI"..

Also no mods and no payware.. Default standard edition "untouched"...

So the "AI theory" for the avionics off issue might fit...

• Like 1

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

Hi all,

weird things with either avionics, engines failure, are happening across all models after the patch. If you havent experienced, you will. Its random. For some it started on day 1 after the patch, others are getting after a few flights. Sometimes if you restart and fly another plane and start the same plane the problem goes away. But it always come back

This indicates only ONE thing:

a security problem with the  encrypted stuff. MS Asobo should fix this immediately, it doesnt require a patch since sims are updated upon launch. Its a shame if they dont!

Edited by kapitan

@wellington Standard Edition, no mods and no payware, no life traffic and AI off....... After the last update I got the bug 2 times in 10 flights at all. TBM and DA62. You never know when it will hit you........

No question, I love MSFS but this is very annoying and has to be solved by the Asobo team ASAP....

Best regards

Detlef

PS: And for the next update I hope they will fix the problems with the download. 3 times longer than the download of the whole simulator and here  for 16 GB only. Might be the loops in the download are a reason for corrupted files.

5 hours ago, wellington said:

Is there anyone having this avionics issue, with no Carenado aircraft in their hangar ?

No Carenado aircraft installed here.

I have a problem with the AP switching off in cruise by itself in the Cirrus SR-22. Will not turn back on unless I turn Avionics off and then back on. Sometimes two or three times a flight if it's a long enough flight. This only started happening after the last patch.

I also have the normal AP problems if you use Active pause/etc. but the AP switching off by itself while just cruising along without touching anything is new.

Edited by Phantoms

James

Good news. Setting  "Ground aircraft density" to 0 seems to be the legit fix. I have not encountered a single instance of the Flight Simulator Ghost since doing this. Reports from the official forum are reporting the same..  Seems as though ground aircraft data was leaking into our cockpits. 

Edited by styckx
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

7 hours ago, Rocky said:

I agree that reinstalling the whole game instead of upgrading it is a pain, but if you have mysterious problems that other players don't have, maybe you should try a full reinstallation.

After all the patching going on and still to come, we will probably all have no choice but to do this! 😉

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, styckx said:

Good news. Setting  "Ground aircraft density" to 0 seems to be the legit fix. I have not encountered a single instance of the Flight Simulator Ghost since doing this. Reports from the official forum are reporting the same..  Seems as though ground aircraft data was leaking into our cockpits. 

As someone who couldn't even fly the new Mooney without getting an Avionics error a couple of days ago, I followed this advice and I just did a complete IFR flight with an ILS landing over a 2 hour duration and not a single failure in the plane.

Airports seem very bleak and bare with no Ground Aircraft at them but I will put up with that to fly my aircraft.

I realise 1 flight isn't complete testing, but after 0 for 20, getting 1 that worked is just awesome...  so thank you and I'll keep testing, even though I don't actually understand how that provides a fix, but right now I don't care 🙂

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

3 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

As someone who couldn't even fly the new Mooney without getting an Avionics error a couple of days ago, I followed this advice and I just did a complete IFR flight with an ILS landing over a 2 hour duration and not a single failure in the plane.

Airports seem very bleak and bare with no Ground Aircraft at them but I will put up with that to fly my aircraft.

I realise 1 flight isn't complete testing, but after 0 for 20, getting 1 that worked is just awesome...  so thank you and I'll keep testing, even though I don't actually understand how that provides a fix, but right now I don't care 🙂

Graham

Awesome to hear everyone, including you who has had success with this fix..  Glad to hear the feedback!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

1 minute ago, styckx said:

Awesome to hear everyone, including you who has had success with this fix..  Glad to hear the feedback!

Still not sure how ground data can leak into the aircraft when you are way away from an airport, but not arguing 🙂

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

2 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

Still not sure how ground data can leak into the aircraft when you are way away from an airport, but not arguing 🙂

Graham

*shrug* Same.. Don't care.. Well sorta I do but... Just glad I can actually play the simulator I shelled out hard earned money for again...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

Graham

No ground aircraft didn't fix the avionics problems that arrived to me with the patch. Still have backup battery error in PFD whenever MFD is turned on, and MFD blacking out during extended flight.

Every plane I use, now looses the avionics within 1 minute of flight start, with no way to turn back on.....

No switching off of avionics here, but quite consistently an AP that tries to kill me by suddenly going full aileron left and stabi down at intervals of about 20 minutes. ( :s_bgt:   i KNEW IT! Skynet has infiltrated azure and has already started wiping us out!! )

However.. when I switch off the ‘real time weather’ and go for just some clouds... it keeps working withóut trying to make me a monument, drilled into the ground in some Welsh valley... Got from Bristol to Snowdonia with the 172 without any hiccups in the AP. Twice, and vice versa. Weird, and really random.. 

You’d almost think something gets accidentally reset when updating / streaming weather assets, like airpressure and whatnot, in the background and implementing them..

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Even with the cub, the G meter stops functioning......... What is going on here?!

Have you tried the temporary fix of turning Ground Aircraft Density to 0?