Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Do not upgrade your CPU !!

3 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Interesting find - thanks. Who knew lower CPU usage would cause issues...I wonder if disabling C1E and EIST in BIOS would accomplish the same?

This is better because you can just turn it off why the sim is running via Process Lasso. Otherwise you get the benefits. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

8 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Interesting find - thanks. Who knew lower CPU usage would cause issues...I wonder if disabling C1E and EIST in BIOS would accomplish the same?

As i said above, i assume that the low CPU usage simply "tricked" the processor to think that its not needed all the cores speed now. I am sure that in P3D or fsx you wont need it as the CPU gets hammered.

Roi Ben

Did another flight. Butter smooth. Not one stutter over 30 minutes. Literally the cpu's are so sleepy they shut down, then fire back up and stutter. Everyone needs to try this. 

In Process Lasso right click flightsimulator.exe when the sim is running. Then select Application power profile and make sure Bitsum Highest Performance is checked. Also set Priority Class > Always > Above Normal and make sure Windows dynamic priority thread boost enabled is UNCHECKED from the same menu. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

29 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Did another flight. Butter smooth. Not one stutter over 30 minutes. Literally the cpu's are so sleepy they shut down, then fire back up and stutter. Everyone needs to try this. 

In Process Lasso right click flightsimulator.exe when the sim is running. Then select Application power profile and make sure Bitsum Highest Performance is checked. Also set Priority Class > Always > Above Normal and make sure Windows dynamic priority thread boost enabled is UNCHECKED from the same menu. 

Tried this method back when this was first mentioned. Could not discern much of a difference? This is on an older system btw. i7-3770 3.4GHZ.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

A bit more testing. First, this fix completely eliminated the micro stutters I was seeing. They are gone. I also noticed a few other interesting things...

1. I saw my RAM usage go up to 73% and I have 32 GB installed. So this sim can use a lot of RAM. 

2. My 4770K CPU was averaging 25% usage so it was idling. Now that the stutters are gone I don't think a CPU upgrade is going to help me a whole lot anymore. I have a ton of  CPU headroom.

3. If I take off from a large city like NYC or LA my frames will dip down into the teens but I still get no micro stutters. This is what I would have expected to see. I think I need a GPU upgrade to really push this system. 

4. Without the micro stutters distracting me I can appreciate this sim even more now.  Those micro stutters really catch your attention, even if you just think you saw one. Now that the sim is 100% smooth I find myself actually looking at the scenery and not the micro stutters. 

5. My settings are cranked up very high. I think the sliders are between 140 and 175 and most settings are on Ultra. This is on a 1440p monitor. Not bad for a 4770K and 1070. 

6. The thing that got me thinking that this problem was outside the sim had to do with the fact that on LOW settings in the sim I still had stutters. If you have micro stutters drop your settings down all the way and see if you still have them. If so, it might be this issue. Luckily Roi1862 found the right fix. 

Good job! These stutters were driving me crazy. 

Edited by RobJC

6 hours ago, RobJC said:

2. My 4770K CPU was averaging 25% usage so it was idling. Now that the stutters are gone I don't think a CPU upgrade is going to help me a whole lot anymore. I have a ton of  CPU headroom.

I think the only scenario you might benefit from a faster CPU is in situations where it needs to do faster algorithm and calculations as its a sim and things can change pretty fast. I am not sure it helps with terrain loading...

As I didn't do this trick on my 5820K@4.4, I can't really tell if the jump to the 10700K@5.1 made a lot of difference.

Even now with a LOD of 100 and G1000 plane like the C172 I can get some random limited by main thread small red line. I guess at this point these can only be solved with better optimization of scenery/terrain loading.

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben

7 hours ago, Flyfaster said:

Tried this method back when this was first mentioned. Could not discern much of a difference? This is on an older system btw. i7-3770 3.4GHZ.

Maybe its simply too slow ? I am not sure... maybe your CPU is old and all cores were used regardless to this "fix"

Roi Ben

I think the reason i cannot go above 100 LOD is my internet connection. I got only 5mb/s

Roi Ben

12 hours ago, RobJC said:

Ein bisschen mehr testen. Erstens beseitigte dieses Update die Mikroruckler, die ich sah, vollständig. Sie sind weg. Ich habe auch ein paar andere interessante Dinge bemerkt ...

1. Ich habe gesehen, dass meine RAM-Auslastung auf 73% gestiegen ist und ich habe 32 GB installiert. Diese Sim kann also viel RAM verbrauchen. 

2. Meine 4770K-CPU war durchschnittlich 25% ausgelastet, also im Leerlauf. Jetzt, wo die Ruckler verschwunden sind, glaube ich nicht, dass mir ein CPU-Upgrade mehr helfen wird. Ich habe eine Menge CPU-Headroom.

3. Wenn ich aus einer großen Stadt wie NYC oder LA abhebe, fallen meine Rahmen in die Teenager, aber ich bekomme immer noch keine Mikroruckler. Das hätte ich erwartet. Ich denke, ich brauche ein GPU-Upgrade, um dieses System wirklich voranzutreiben. 

4. Ohne dass mich das Mikroruckeln ablenkt, kann ich diese Sim jetzt noch mehr schätzen. Diese Mikroruckler ziehen Ihre Aufmerksamkeit auf sich, auch wenn Sie nur glauben, einen gesehen zu haben. Jetzt, da die Sim 100% flüssig ist, schaue ich tatsächlich auf die Landschaft und nicht auf die Mikroruckler. 

5. Meine Einstellungen sind sehr hoch eingestellt. Ich denke, die Schieberegler liegen zwischen 140 und 175 und die meisten Einstellungen sind auf Ultra. Dies ist auf einem 1440p-Monitor. Nicht schlecht für einen 4770K und 1070. 

6. Die Sache, die mich zu dem Gedanken brachte, dass dieses Problem außerhalb der Sim lag, hatte damit zu tun, dass ich bei den NIEDRIGEN Einstellungen in der Sim immer noch Stottern hatte. Wenn Sie Mikroruckler haben, lassen Sie Ihre Einstellungen ganz fallen und prüfen Sie, ob Sie sie noch haben. Wenn ja, könnte es dieses Problem sein. Zum Glück hat Roi1862 die richtige Lösung gefunden. 

Gut gemacht! Diese Stottern machten mich verrückt. 

I also use a 144Hz monitor, what did you set?
Nvidia Settings, G-Sync?
I still get jerks when approaching the ground.

144Hz monitor
i7 10700K CPU

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

50 minutes ago, holliwutt said:
I also use a 144Hz monitor, what did you set?
Nvidia Settings, G-Sync?
I still get jerks when approaching the ground.

144Hz monitor
i7 10700K CPU

I really think this is something with the sim core. I think everyone will get few stutters just before touchdown.

Roi Ben

Yes, there is not much that can be done at the moment.
I only stutter when landing or taking off, after that everything is smooth.

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

10 minutes ago, holliwutt said:

Yes, there is not much that can be done at the moment.
I only stutter when landing or taking off, after that everything is smooth.

Yes i think this stuff is core issues. I still believe those power poles are optimized bad.

Roi Ben

My Cpu runs at about 20% overall, but four of my ten cores get hammered very often, especially in crowded areas, of course the game needs a good Cpu, you can not only look at the cpu's total usage, that doesn't say much about how much your Cpu really works.

• Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

17 hours ago, RobJC said:

Another thing i found that might help as well. Try setting the I/O priority to high.

Roi Ben

On 9/23/2020 at 10:57 AM, roi1862 said:

OKKK i think i am onto something(AGAIN). Software called "Park control"  The most interesting value there is "Freq Scaling DC". 

I set it to Enabled and and put 100% then press apply. 

If someone having similar issue with stutters as me, please try and let me know. I know this could work now and after 1 hour it wont.

Well...believe it or not.. I'm getting better performance. Less stutters, RAM is now at 70% all cores engaged, and sin runs alot smoother.