Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Flytampa YSSY V2 Released

Can anyone confirm if YSSY V2 is fully compatible with Orbx Australia V2? I have had problems with other Orbx addons not working property with non-Orbx airports, and since I had the previous Australia it would be only $25 for the new one. I would prefer not to have to mess around with a bunch of files to make it work.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

5 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Can anyone confirm if YSSY V2 is fully compatible with Orbx Australia V2?

I'm certain that it would be, YSSY V1 worked great with Orbx Australia V2. You will have to disable some of the AUS V2 YSSY files though as you should with ANY conflicting add-on airports.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

3 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

I'm certain that it would be, YSSY V1 worked great with Orbx Australia V2. You will have to disable some of the AUS V2 YSSY files though as you should with ANY conflicting add-on airports.

Thank you!

Cheers, Pete

I did not change anything and it seems that YSSYv2 is compatible with AUSv2 out of the box. That was different with the former YSSY version where it was necessary to deactivate the FT YSSY landclass file.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Me too. No issues with AusV2 too

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks guys, this is good news. I got burnt with True Earth Netherlands and still can't get it to work properly with FT EHAM.

Cheers, Pete

30 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I did not change anything and it seems that YSSYv2 is compatible with AUSv2 out of the box.

If the AusV2 YSSY airport files aren't disabled, the sim could encounter issues even if you don't think you see any.

edit :  It's even in the FlyTampa YSSY manual to disable the offending YSSY files from AUSv2 as FlyTampa says it makes a big mess. I would have posted that earlier, but I didn't yet have the new FT YSSY v2 installed. Generally though you should really do this for ANY add-on airports that you have within any ORBX regions.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

3 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Thanks guys, this is good news. I got burnt with True Earth Netherlands and still can't get it to work properly with FT EHAM.

Did you follow the step-by-step instructions in Holger's post here?:
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/153573-netherlands-trueearth-ft-eham/?do=findComment&comment=1353622

No problems with compatibility between TE NED and FT EHAM since I made the required changes and ensured that FT Amsterdam and Amsterdam_LC folders had a higher priority than than the TE folders in the scenery library.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

20 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Did you follow the step-by-step instructions in Holger's post here?:
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/153573-netherlands-trueearth-ft-eham/?do=findComment&comment=1353622

No problems with compatibility between TE NED and FT EHAM since I made the required changes and ensured that FT Amsterdam and Amsterdam_LC folders had a higher priority than than the TE folders in the scenery library.

Thanks, I will give that a shot.

Cheers, Pete

22 hours ago, Fludo said:

Settings:

4k textures / x4msaa at night/overcast / x2ssaa at day

Specs:

1080ti / 9700k / 4k display

Stunning!!!

thanks

mike

Edited by w6kd
Mod edit: removed excessive quote
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Stunning!!!

thanks

mike

Mike, thanks for quoting the screen shots in your post mate. You really didn't need to do that lol

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Ummm. I am confused as to why I was given a warning by moderator.

i did read it but I am not understanding?

i just asked for pics.

thanks
mike

Edited by mikeymike

35 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

i did read it but I am not understanding?

i just asked for pics.

thanks
mike

You requoted the images just to say "Stunning, thanks!

Even ZKOKQ said that quoting his images was not necessary!

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Back to the topic:

I had my first few flights with the scenery and I’m very happy. Some of the small bugs of the V1 scenery are gone (see through taxiways on the southern side, some flickering ground textures), the performance has improved while visuals did as well (especially the taxiways and runways), and I really like the Sode inclusions. Very happy customer. 

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

20 hours ago, mikeymike said:

You received an informal warning because you quoted two full pages of images just to make a two-word comment.  Some of your fellow users have slow and/or bandwidth-restricted connections, and this is wasteful of resources for them, not to mention the clutter that's created in a thread from including excessively long quotations.  So please--everyone--limit quoted material to the minimum necessary, and in some proportion to the length of the comment you're making.

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case