Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

AIFP beta (creates Offline AI traffic files) in a few days

AI Flight Planner developmental version for MSFS should be available for download in a few days:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/aifp-for-msfs.449121/

This is notable for a specific reason. Although several people have posted online that they were able to make FSX AI traffic BGL files work in MSFS, there was a suspicious lack of videos and tutorials showing how to do this. I could never get that to work. As it turns out, the format of the MSFS AI traffic BGL files is slightly different than the FS9/FSX/P3d file format.

You can get the beta when available by consulting the thread linked above and possibly here:

stuff4FS

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Great news for sure, we will now need the compatible models for msfs

Sergio Naiberg

IVAO has converted many of the common freeware models to glTF format. The liveries are still FSX and there's no animations that I could see.

8 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

the format of the MSFS AI traffic BGL files is slightly different than the FS9/FSX/P3d file format.

Should bode well for Vox then, one less obstacle to overcome. And should mean AIG should be able to be ported?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

We'll see. The online "live" traffic rarely either takes off or lands for me. The AI aircraft just seem to disappear. I can't say that I've seen much offline AI traffic at all, but that could be a function of the default MSFS BGL file combined with where I have flown. At least, once ADE is released we'll have tool to do some testing.

As to VOXATC, unless the developer wants to do what REX did with Weather Force and hack into the MSFS SimConnect library, it's going to be a while before we see a version for MSFS that can spawn and control AI traffic. 

Thank you for the info J

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Indeed, it works with the IVAO models. I took a P3D flight plan and replaced the planes with IVAO models and the planes were all displayed.

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It's available and it works with IVAO models.

Can someone be so kind and explain how to do this? thx

Sergio Naiberg

First you have to install IVAO for MSFS. here's the thread and links about how to do that:

Then you have to run a Python script to modify the IVAO models so that they can work with offline AI traffic BGL files. The script is here:

https://github.com/kaiprt/msfs-script-bucket

These first two steps only need to be done once.

Then you have to download the most recent version of AI Flight Planner and convert any FSX traffic files to use the IVAO models instead. AIG is the best source of traffic files. At some point, AIG is going to release a version of its AI Manager for MSFS and that will automate the whole procedure.

So the traffic bgl in fs2020 and fsx is near identical? Then do the fs2020 offline traffic follow airways or still the same direct route? If that is the case then looks like will again have to look to third party solution like the near twice defunct ultimate traffic. Fortunately AIG is working on its own solution called AIGPLN traffic controller in p3d, hopefully it will be get ported to work in fs2020.

41 minutes ago, him225 said:

So the traffic bgl in fs2020 and fsx is near identical?

Yes, only a minor change to the format. I have no idea how the offline AI aircraft fly near an airport. They may in fact follow SIDs and STARs, but that remains to be seen from further testing. I'm not particularly interested in whether AI aircraft follow waypoints enroute.

• Like 1

Captura.jpgCan an

Anyone help? When i try to load a flightplan with AIFP i get this error and the flightplan isn’t loaded

"the patch is not valid format"

thanks

Edited by motishow