Sign in to follow this  
StPete17

Tampa/St Pete airports and scenery?

19 minutes ago, raymar said:

Orlando Sanford, Spaceport, Melbourne, and Daytona Beach are my old stomping grounds. My only hope of getting better scenery for these local airports are guys like these we are talking about. I am perfectly happy to pay $11 for an upgrade.

I agree! We can only hope that through either freeware or payware from FSXcenery we get our fav enhanced.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

My point was that, unlike with P3D where the lesser quality of the airport visuals in their payware product was less striking from the surrounding scenery, in MSFS I would have hoped they'd up their game.  I fully understanding populating your region with the best you can get for your local airports.... at some point I'll be making those same choices for Ohio, nothing yet....    But I won't purchase these all over the map as I did in P3D.  That said, I also don't think FSDT, Fly Tampa, Flightbeam, etc. will be doing KCMH or KOSU anytime soon.   

Yep- unless it’s FlightBeam, FSDT, Fly Tampa, Orbx or LatinVFR I’m not buying any more scenery until the US World Update releases.

C

PS- you can remind me about this when I’m waxing rhapsodically about my next purchase 🙂 

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

PS- you can remind me about this when I’m waxing rhapsodically about my next purchase 🙂

LOL, me as well...

On 10/14/2020 at 5:54 PM, DJJose said:

There's plenty of freeware mods for MSFS to satisfy any appetite. Enjoy your freeware!

I'm a sucker for quality payware.

The point I am trying to make is that MSFS isn't complete per se, but the quality of the airports are great compared to other simulators. Wait until it's been ironed out before you spend anymore money on it. So far all the 'airports' being dumped into MSFS are ports (In my estimation) and being charged a premium for a few extra blades of grass.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

OP here, does anyone have any news on when we might see something? MSFS  did add the Sunshine Skyway Bridge but no colored lights or even yellow lights on the suspension cables. The new St Pete Pier is complete now right beside Albert Whitted Airport. This is a lovely area to fly around and it would be nice to have the surrounding areas upgraded.

With the Gulf of Mexico sunsets, cityscape, bridges, inland waterways, tropical climate and short/medium hops to the Caribbean, this is a wonderful place to model and fly.  Almost any airport/scenery here is an instant buy for me.  And yes, FlyTampa ...where are you?

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 16GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Redbird Alloy RD1, Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, Stream Deck

VerticalSim is amazing and has released quite a few airports around our area, he's got 2 coming out soon with one being KTPA!

I prefer to purchase from outside the marketplace, but I should mention that all of his airports are currently on sale.

206565940_3744776925626626_6966534838828

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

14 hours ago, HYPE said:

all of his airports are currently on sale

Great! Purchased KTPF only two days ago - sometimes you lose....😁 (if the devs win, so be it!)

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

On 10/5/2020 at 6:15 AM, DJJose said:

BTW, Verticalsim Studios did a version of Tampa for XP. Maybe he will jump on board.

They have also a version of Plant City for MSFS 2020.

https://verticalsims.com/shop/mfs/kpcmhd/

This dev has some of the best airports available for XP.

I agree. Maybe he will transfer over his KTPA from XP11. And the prices are fair.

I was a fan of @Verticalsim, SRQ's pricing has left me waiting... hopefully it is a one off, and will be re-thought for future releases. I haven't bought it, despite being just down the road... waiting for a sale.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

On 10/5/2020 at 6:03 AM, StPete17 said:

Is anyone working on this? The city just completed the new Saint Petersburg Pier which is right beside Albert Whitted Airport. We have the Sunshine Skyway Bridge which now lights up in colors at night. There is Tampa International Airport and Saint Pete Clearwater airport as well. Howard Frankland and Gandy Bridges in Tampa Bay.

Sure would be nice to see some scenery upgrades of this stuff flying around this beautiful area...

OP here, maybe all this was too much to ask for... How about just maybe the new St Pete Pier? 😁

On 10/5/2020 at 6:06 AM, DJJose said:

FlyTampa should be ashamed of themselves. 😀

They should consider a name change.

Amen!  It's like a advertised Hamburger joint that only sells Hot Dogs!  Pathetic!

1 hour ago, Vic Croker said:

Amen!  It's like a advertised Hamburger joint that only sells Hot Dogs!  Pathetic!

Vic,

That was rude of me to say and I was just fooling around. They are still among the best developers for MSFS & P3D.

I'm sure that there was a very good reason for not porting over their KTPA.

Plus, we will soon see KTPA by another popular developer.

Best regards.

Jose

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.