Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

A32NX mod installer

10 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I get an unzip error when I point it to my Community folder. Works great if I point it to any other temporary location ... then I simply copy/replace.

I suspect the error is because the Community folder is protected (it's an MS Store install).

Adam.

I have the MS Store version in a folder of my choosing i.e. D://MSFS/Community it picked the folder up on install without any prompting from me.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

12 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

Just to check on the instruments going black - have you fuel left? I have had them go black but only when I am out of fuel, not surprsing as nothing left to power them. It is also at the end of a v long flight - I have had it happpen 2nm from the runway.

The bugs that are happening are pretty normal at this staage of release of most games, especially the more complex ones.

CJ

Plenty of fuel, it's not that. They go black and then back on, then black again. I can litererally hear the knobs be turned by a ghost (or my drunk co-pilot). 

It's a confirmed bug I think but not fixed yet which is surprising. I am no developer but I am a tester of IT systems and in my book this should just be a few lines of code to correct.

I dont even have the game yet and Im excited to see this. Once I get it along with a new PC im all over this. This great mod team has gifted everyone a great A320 which will only get better and better with time.

Im a huge fan of X-Plane 11s Zibo mod and this right here is the MSFS answer to that being born. What fun times we live it with both planes being reviewed by real world pilots 🙂

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, flightsim1818 said:

Plenty of fuel, it's not that. They go black and then back on, then black again. I can litererally hear the knobs be turned by a ghost (or my drunk co-pilot). 

It's a confirmed bug I think but not fixed yet which is surprising. I am no developer but I am a tester of IT systems and in my book this should just be a few lines of code to correct.

Known Issues (Please note that most issues are being worked on and some of them may even be fixed in the dev branch)

• Captain's PFD may occasionally turn off during flight
  • No Smoking switch doesn't use full range of motion.
  • F/CTL page does not have working speedbrake integration
  • BLEED page is not fully functional
  • Automatic ECAM page switching has minor bugs
  • APU/Engine fire covers cannot be retracted once opened

Also I seem to remember the team advising to turn of Live/AI traffic as they interfere with your own aircraft systems. I think this would be especially true close to airports where they are more common.

CJ

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

Known Issues (Please note that most issues are being worked on and some of them may even be fixed in the dev branch)

• Captain's PFD may occasionally turn off during flight
  • No Smoking switch doesn't use full range of motion.
  • F/CTL page does not have working speedbrake integration
  • BLEED page is not fully functional
  • Automatic ECAM page switching has minor bugs
  • APU/Engine fire covers cannot be retracted once opened

Also I seem to remember the team advising to turn of Live/AI traffic as they interfere with your own aircraft systems. I think this would be especially true close to airports where they are more common.

CJ

Thanks. So it is still pending then. I can add to that list that it is not just the PFD. During one approach the entire AP went black as well so I had to land manually like a damaged fighter straight from a dogfight :-). With the current flightmodel on top of that it was very realistic I reckon... 

Do we really need an installer to copy some  files into the community folder ? If you don't know how to do that manually, stay away from mods.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

8 hours ago, ludekbrno said:

Really? They can do a complete global simulator like ASOBO?

Even if we view it from only the particular modded aircraft itself, the Mods are merely building on top of Asobo's work.

Its always interesting to hear how some people are amazed these mods are free.

Of course their free, its a modification of someone else's work.

cool. guess time for me, to check the mod out. did a quick flight with the neo today from key west to fort lauderdale executive and worked like a charme, btw, out of the box. followed the flight plan and my altitude changes per ATC request easily. just my manual landing skills need to improve 😉 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

18 minutes ago, willy647 said:

Do we really need an installer to copy some  files into the community folder ? If you don't know how to do that manually, stay away from mods.

Sorry if it is hurting you, but you don't have to use it, so you can also stay away from it if you want.  It is optional, and nobody is forcing you.

I have manually copied the files over before this without a problem, but last night I used the installer - no problem either.

What is a bad thing is when people critcise something really good given for free, and when it is optional whether people use it or not.  

If it makes the mod more accessible to people then it cannot be a bad thing, but thanks for commenting and stating your superiority with your manual file copying skills, and implying that other people should not try it if their manual file copying skills are not as good as yours.  That's the spirit!

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 hours ago, willy647 said:

if you can't handle DOS, stay away from Windows

Deleted the post.  (Just not worth it)

Edited by LarryD

7 hours ago, flightsim1818 said:

if you can't handle DOS, stay away from Windows

Pretty puerile comment, but I think you're missing the point. The installer also checks to see if your mod/master is the latest build. Seeing as master builds don't have version numbers, it saves a fair bit of messing around. I think the installer is a blessing.

Adam.

BTW - many thanks for the update: it now works fine with my mega-long pathname 🙂

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

6 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Pretty puerile comment, but I think you're missing the point. The installer also checks to see if your mod/master is the latest build. Seeing as master builds don't have version numbers, it saves a fair bit of messing around. I think the installer is a blessing.

Adam.

BTW - many thanks for the update: it now works fine with my mega-long pathname 🙂

I totally agree with you 🙂, My comment was supposed to give some perspectives to willy647s comment by using an analogy but I guess it came out wrong