Sign in to follow this  
FNAL

Working Title CJ4 Mod Version 0.4.0 Released

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

@shadow133 This is the proper procedure. After you have:

DIRECT            SPONG

Then type V185 into the scratchpad, click the LEFT lsk on the line below DIRECT and after that enter BEANS in the scratchpad and click the RIGHT lsk on the line you added V185. That should do it.

Not working for me. When I enter V185 on the left it says NO INTERSECTION. I can only enter BEANS on the right without V185. Maybe this particular airway is not recognized?

18 minutes ago, shadow133 said:

Not working for me. When I enter V185 on the left it says NO INTERSECTION. I can only enter BEANS on the right without V185. Maybe this particular airway is not recognized?

I just tried inputting this into mine and I can get it working but the legs page seems to be bugged out.  It's only doing it with KDAB in there.  Your route is a little funky since some of those fixes are already on airways.  You could rewrite it like this:

KDAB OMN V3 SAV V185 BEANS KAGS

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, shadow133 said:

I gave it a go and it entered okay for me. As FNAL mentioned, the FPLN page is condensing your entered direct waypoints into their airways, so it collapses into one entry for V3 from OMN to SAV and another entry for V185 from SAV to BEANS.

I made a quick video of how I did it, but let us know if you aren't seeing the same behavior. A video might help us chase it down...

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

On 10/10/2020 at 6:51 PM, cwburnett said:

I gave it a go and it entered okay for me. As FNAL mentioned, the FPLN page is condensing your entered direct waypoints into their airways, so it collapses into one entry for V3 from OMN to SAV and another entry for V185 from SAV to BEANS.

I made a quick video of how I did it, but let us know if you aren't seeing the same behavior. A video might help us chase it down...

Thanks for the effort, appreciate the time you took for trying it.

It is not working for me, I tried repeating the same steps (I think) and then made a video with a few different attempts. OMN SEBAG, SSI and SAV are all on V3 so it should work with at least one of these combos. Im leaning towards something stupid Im doing (likely) or a game database issue.

Hello,

The Discord invite link is invalid, can someone post please the correct link, thank you.

Other question. How to you guys plan your fuel for this Jet? I haven't found yet a PFPX Profile, and it seems so that Simbrief only has the CJ2 not 4. And performance tables i haven't found either.

Nothing to do with your mod, but anyone else find the AP porpoising on this unbearable? I can't fly it. 

13 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

Nothing to do with your mod, but anyone else find the AP porpoising on this unbearable? I can't fly it. 

Same here. On approach i eventually turn it off and hand fly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Same here. On approach i eventually turn it off and hand fly.

I was on climb out and it was erratic. There are problems with the AP in general, worse after the last patch. In the Bonanza and Xcub it overcorrects way too much.

22 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

i agree. At times it's ridiculous. I've made a change that I believe helps. Its not a fix, but based on some limited testing, I think it improves the proposing, at least in some situations.

I've altered the MOIs in the flight_model.cfg as follows (I feel they are off throughout the sim, but YMMV)

empty_weight_pitch_MOI = 36055;69403 ; Empty pitch moment of inertia, Jxx (SLUG SQ FEET)
empty_weight_roll_MOI = 14187;13434 ; Empty roll moment of inertia, Jzz (SLUG SQ FEET)
empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 36100;75997 ; Empty yaw moment of inertia, Jyy (SLUG SQ FEET)

I'd be curious what you think.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, jpe828 said:

Yes, it is really annoying.

Bill  N7IBG     

5 hours ago, DAL521 said:

The Discord invite link is invalid, can someone post please the correct link, thank you.

https://discord.gg/Fa6w2xK

5 hours ago, DAL521 said:

Other question. How to you guys plan your fuel for this Jet? I haven't found yet a PFPX Profile, and it seems so that Simbrief only has the CJ2 not 4. And performance tables i haven't found either.

Try this simbrief profile out - I've tweaked it a bit, but would love feedback: Working Title CJ4 Simbrief Profile

4 hours ago, jpe828 said:

We'll be pushing an update shortly that helps a bit with this.

Edited by cwburnett
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, shadow133 said:

It is not working for me, I tried repeating the same steps (I think) and then made a video with a few different attempts. OMN SEBAG, SSI and SAV are all on V3 so it should work with at least one of these combos. Im leaning towards something stupid Im doing (likely) or a game database issue.

It looks like you didn't quite get it in there right from what I could see.

So, each airway needs a valid entry and exit, and the airway get's entered first, then the exit fix, but that only works if the TO waypoint on the line directly above where you're entering the airway is an entry for the airway. You also have to be careful when there are duplicates that you're selecting the right one. Each entry on that select list is a different waypoint and only one is on the airway.

So, in this example:

1) Enter your departure and arrival airports

2) On the same page (FPLN Page 1) enter OMN in the TO fix next to Line Select Key 4 on the right side (LSK R4)

3) Go to the next page. Now, OMN is a valid entry for airway V3, so on the first line you can enter V3 and then your exit fix, in this case is SAV - so enter V3 and hit LSK L1, then enter SAV and hit LSK R1. Then the top line should show V3                     SAV

4) Now you've exited the airway at SAV, you can now enter another airway with SAV as the entry.  In this case we want to go to BEANS via V185 - so enter V185 and hit LSK L2, then enter BEANS and hit LSK R2. Then the second line should show V185                     BEANS

Page 1 of your flight plan should then look like:

ORIGIN                                         DEST
KDAB                                             KSAV
 ROUTE                                          ALTN
-------                                          ----
                                            ORIG RWY

VIA                                              TO
-----                                             OMN

Page 2 of your flight plan should then look like:

VIA                                                TO
V3                                                SAV
V185                                            BEANS

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

It looks like you didn't quite get it in there right from what I could see.

I get this a lot.... 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.