Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Simbrief and A320

Is there a way to upload a Simbrief flight plan with all of the necessary info (fuel, pax, cargo, froute etc.) directly into MSFS like you can in P3d?  Maybe that would be a way to get more accurate numbers for ZFW and payload into MSFS.  Is this possible?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Also, unrelated to simbrief, but in the mcdu I noticed I can’t change or enter speed and altitude restrictions at certain points along my flight plan.  Is this a bug?  I noticed they are either not there or wrong if they are. Also, the eta’s for each point along the route aren’t in the mcdu. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Yep it is is - just export the simbrief flight plan in MSFS2020 format. It is one of the options in Simbrief

14 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

Yep it is is - just export the simbrief flight plan in MSFS2020 format. It is one of the options in Simbrief

And that gives you the fuel numbers and pax in the sim?  How do you pull it in once saved, flight number? Where do I save the simbrief file?

52 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

And that gives you the fuel numbers and pax in the sim?  How do you pull it in once saved, flight number? Where do I save the simbrief file?

You have to do fuel and weight manually. The FMC in MSFS is not that sophisticated...yet!

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

1 minute ago, Midnight Music said:

You have to do fuel and weight manually. The FMC in MSFS is not that sophisticated...yet!

Lee

But you can in theory make it match from the values in SimBrief manually, right?  Every time I try to do that I can’t get values that aren’t out of balance. 

59 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Also, do I need a special app for 2020?  I did a test in simbrief but when I tried to download for FS2020 I got an error saying I needed an app.

4 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

But you can in theory make it match from the values in SimBrief manually, right?  Every time I try to do that I can’t get values that aren’t out of balance. 

I take the information from Simbrief and manually put it into the weight section (the tab right below the liveries) of the A320 Neo menu trying to match what is in the briefing. Then when you load the plane and the route the stats show up in the FMC. Also, get the Simbrief downloader, it's a help in putting the route in the proper folder.

• Like 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Are you using the A320 profile in SimBrief.com flight planner? Or do you know of a source for an A320neo aircraft profile?

rna_errors

It appears to me that the fuel capacity in the Simbrief Profile for the A20N is half what it should be.  Anyone got any insight into why?

Martin Connor (Cert Ed)

Early retiree from UK Further & Higher Education College

Specialized in Computer Networking and early adoption of new technologies.

Interests:3D Design, Scenery Creation for FSX, Photography. Programming.

Are you using the FBW Mod?  There is no reason not too...

Either way...

This is the FBW A20N simbrief profile for use with their mod

If you are using the Mod it has inbuilt simbrief integration - so once you have created the OFP in Simbrief you can retrieve it via the FMC in the Sim.  It even pulls through the fuel/payload etc so you can easily set everything up.  Watch this video for more info.

EDIT:  Only just noticed this thread is from October! 

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

On 3/22/2021 at 3:41 PM, Ricardo Andrada said:

Whenever I receive the simbrief data, the zfw on the mcdu is always below the zfw generated in the simbrief.
This is normal?

I've noticed that too Ricardo. I usually end up amending the weights in the sim to match the simbrief ZFW

Dave

On 3/14/2021 at 7:32 PM, sidfadc said:

you can retrieve it via the FMC in the Sim

yep, for those dummies like me not watching or forgetting that video, note that when importing the complete waypoints via FMC INIT you must not launch MSFS from the world map with a ARR airport, just pick the DEP airport

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"