Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

28th October Developer Q&A: Begins at 10:30 AM PDT

Today's Developer Q&A is scheduled to begin at 10:30 AM PDT, which is in about 45 minutes from now. After making some of the announcements they have, they will be going over the Feedback Snapshot as well as a new list of community questions arranged by a community manager in the official forums.

You can watch it in here: https://www.twitch.tv/msfsofficial

• Like 8

I have always felt more optimistic about this project after these meetings, than before going into them. Here is hoping that this continues !!

Go Team 🥳

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Good news about KATL and KDFW being overhauled for the sim.  Fantastic news about another Bush Trip, specifically an Alaska Bush Trip.

• Like 1

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Unfortunately I'm having too many buffering issues so I can't listen to everything, but from what I could gather:

• Update #5 autopilot issue is already fixed, hopefully it will be delivered this week. Will also improve the flight control authority, appearance of reflections, and remove the Press Any Key to Start screen. VR Beta first wave is starting.
  • Update #6 will bring up to 10% performance improvement when limited by the main thread. Update #7 is the USA World Update.
  • A server-side issue regarding live weather is fixed and will be delivered with a CDN update. They also just stated that METAR data is used for airports and ground level, while Meteoblue data is used for higher altitudes.
Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

They're working on licenced plane models for the 'live' AI to use. This will be part of a free update whenever it's done.

They're still working on real airline liveries, but they're behind on it, I missed the reason why, I assume it's the same as before, COVID is delaying permissions.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

Russia will probably receive a World Update sometime during the next year.

They are working on a bunch of new aircraft models to better translate the data received by FlightAware, but they are limited by licencing issues when it comes to airline liveries.

Aviators Club livery pack had to be delayed due to several bugs, but it's still coming.

SDK is still being worked on by a dedicated team, which is big and focusing on airliners, but they can't talk a lot about the conversations with their partners. They are not limiting any SDK functionality to specific developers.

Some issues with the elevator authority with the A320neo and 787 will be fixed with the next update.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Seb seems really clued in on a lot of the technical stuff people are concerned with today.  Great Q&A so far.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 minute ago, marsman2020 said:

Seb seems really clued in on a lot of the technical stuff people are concerned with today.  Great Q&A so far.

Agree!  He seems very comfortable explaining the intricacies with FBW aircraft and their interaction within the sim.

• Upvote 1

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Asobo goal: going 'broader' instead of 'deeper'.

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Sounds like they're excited for possible X-Plane style gateway system for Default airport updates.

Alleged LOD/Draw Distance issues still being investigated.  MSFS Dev team not able to replicate.

I should add, I have not experienced this issue either.  I'm just reporting what the Devs are talking about.

Edited by DylanC
  • Like 3

Dylan Charles

The elevator authority fixes will be rolled out to other aircraft if they are considered successful. They are continuing to work on all the default aircraft everyday, and not just on the SDK. They are also bringing in more real pilots to contribute to improvements. Their goal is to make all aircraft fully flyable, but not every button operable.

They are impressed with the freeware community content and mods, and even though they don't know how yet, they want to find a way to work with them. Freeware developers can inquire with the developers at msfsim@microsoft.com.

They are not going to push the limit of the Level of Detail option right now because they are focused on performance, but they are looking into improving its adjustability (for example, different values for AI scenery and photogrammetry).

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Alleged LOD/Draw Distance issues still being investigated.  MSFS Dev team not able to replicate.

I should add, I have not experienced this issue either.  I'm just reporting what the Devs are talking about.

"LOD change? What change? What choo talking about peoples?" -Asobo

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Contrails coming very soon, not the next update but just soon.

Edited by Tuskin38