Sign in to follow this  
kand

No HiFi until 5.1 patch

Really makes you wonder why LM doesnt communicate properly with THE most important weather add-on manufacturer for their sim. Unbelievable....

• Like 1

Manuel Miller

6 minutes ago, simbol said:

They did.. Lots of stuff happening behind the scenes.. Patience guys

Do you think a hotfix will be out rather soon? The 5.1 looks really nice but Active Sky is really important for me.

Also, assuming that you are allowed to talk about it, what exactly happened?

Edited by BiologicalNanobot

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

I stay also with v5 HT2 till AS will work with new P3D version.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

Lots of stuff happening behind the scenes.. 

What makes it difficult for the ordinary folk is that we are just left in the dark all the time and have to survive on these anecdotes- LM really need to start being more transparent or at least allow someone with your integrity the ability to properly talk to us

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Just use the available Freeware. Working fine for me. 

Hans

Tomorrow I will try with FSGRW and see if that one works ...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

10 minutes ago, kand said:

What makes it difficult for the ordinary folk is that we are just left in the dark all the time and have to survive on these anecdotes- LM really need to start being more transparent or at least allow someone with your integrity the ability to properly talk to us

Agreed. There really isn't any communications to the average joe. Perhaps the beta guys get some additional info....I really do think they would get so much better community engagement and support with the odd post or update about things they're working on.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Well to be fair to Rob McCarthy he has just posted this

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=140043&start=30

Hello Everyone,

We are working with the HiFi Simulation Technologies developers to identify the cause of the issue. We believe it is related to a fix impacting weather themes where clouds would disappear near certain stations. We are working on addressing this and several other issues in an upcoming hotfix. Please continue to inform us of any other issues you encounter in separate topics.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy

Edited by kand
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

LM is following the MS way ...,

american companies.... yeah maybe aerosoft is an exclude from the EU side 😉

Carsten U

I like the HiFi product like e.g. the GTN products. My impression is that they stop working if they don't find the expected executables or dll's they are looking for. It's usually fixed quickly and that's fine. Just wondering why they can't sort this out before a patch release. In the meantime I resort to free alternatives which don't seem to have this problem (weather here). 

Hans

13 minutes ago, kand said:

Well to be fair to Rob McCarthy he has just posted this

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=140043&start=30

Hello Everyone,

We are working with the HiFi Simulation Technologies developers to identify the cause of the issue. We believe it is related to a fix impacting weather themes where clouds would disappear near certain stations. We are working on addressing this and several other issues in an upcoming hotfix. Please continue to inform us of any other issues you encounter in separate topics.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy

Welp, cya guys next year.

wait for 5.1 wait for 5.1 hf1 . Its got beyond a joke one day maybe I will fly again with V5 . this has been going on longer than covid .Cannot be bothered any more and yes day 1 customer . With thousands spent on software on P3d.

• Upvote 1

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d