Sign in to follow this  
canadiantree

If you're on the market for a new GPU which are you getting?

If you're on the market for a new GPU, which are you leaning towards?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. If you're on the market for a new GPU, which are you leaning towards?

• RTX 3070
    • RX 6800
    • RTX 3080
    • RX 6800XT
    • RX 6900XT
    • RTX 3090
    • RTX 3060 or RX 6600/6700

17 hours ago, Poppapete said:

For me a real dilemma. 6900XT looks the best on paper but I love my G-Sync monitor which won't work with the AMD card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine will, but it is an LG and does not have the hw module so it can swing both ways.  

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Amazing that AMD is such a clear winner when it hasn't even been released yet. But I'm leaning that way too-in fact voted for AMD.

Of course AMD makes their big presentation and it was just a bit bias. Public relations, have to get the public hyped up 

The final outcome should be and if u r a real simmer like myself,  performance in flight simulator 2020.  I'm am not looking at a video card that gives me 90-120 frames, or a race car going around a track. Or tanks knocking each other out.

With simming u want a smooth enjoyable experience.  Concluding, absolutely on paper big Navi has raised the bar and gives consumers more choices.

Final verdict will be how big Navi vs Nividia perform in flight simulator 2020.  

I will be watching closely for reviews on the AMD 86800XT and if they are favourable for MS2020 I will definetly opt for one purely on the basis that the NVidia 30 series cards are as rare as Hens teeth!!