Sign in to follow this  
Bbrain

C172 won't leave the ground.

13 hours ago, Bbrain said:

After the update  #5 I am getting this weird effect where the C172 simply won't leave the ground.

Same here.

It seems that the aircraft's stall speed has been changed with update # 5 and is now much too high for the C172.

Now I need to trim a lot to takeoff like that : D7lk3.png

Which is quite unrealistic.

GTX 1660 Ti

48 minutes ago, doudou said:

Same here.

It seems that the aircraft's stall speed has been changed with update # 5 and is now much too high for the C172.

Now I need to trim a lot to takeoff like that : 

Which is quite unrealistic.

And you checked to make sure your flight model setting is NOT set to legacy as been mentioned here? 

One way to check real fast in the sim while flying is to pull full up on the elevator in external view.....if the elevator is full deflection and you're not either deep stalling or going straight up...then it IS set to Legacy.  Change it to Modern and see if that helps.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

45 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

And you checked to make sure your flight model setting is NOT set to legacy as been mentioned here? 

One way to check real fast in the sim while flying is to pull full up on the elevator in external view.....if the elevator is full deflection and you're not either deep stalling or going straight up...then it IS set to Legacy.  Change it to Modern and see if that helps.

Thank you very much.

I will test if it is set to Legacy or Modern.

On air the aircraft moves according the movement of the joystick only down, NOT up.

I moved from Legacy to Modern in General and my problem is solved.

Many thankx

Edited by doudou

GTX 1660 Ti

13 hours ago, pmb said:

That's another miracle which I don't get. Why have a noticeable number of users set this to "Legacy" while others like me retained "Modern" during the Update?

Kind regards, Michael

Could it be 'comfort blanket' thing, thinking they are clinging to the remains of FSX? 

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

11 hours ago, Alvega said:

I also never had the default "Modern" changed to "Legacy". I wonder why so many people had it on "Legacy".

+1  Did not happen for me.  My Controls settings also did not change.  MS Store installation with Community folder  contents on a side rail with the Addons Linker app.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Why does Asobo even have a legacy mode option when using it breaks their own "default" aircraft? We need to move forward with the times. If it is to accommodate peeps to have legacy FSX stuff, then they should stay with FSX.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Thanks alot , couldnt find out why i dropped like a rock at TNCS .😀 with c152/172

What is this Legacys purpose?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

18 hours ago, Bbrain said:

After the update  #5 I am getting this weird effect where the C172 simply won't leave the ground. All seems normal, but after accelerating to takeoff speed full back on the elevator simply raises the nose wheel about a foot, but no takeoff. I have been flying the C172 for weeks with no problems. The problem seems to be confined to the C172. I have tried several of the other prop planes and they are all fine. I deleted and reinstalled the C172, no difference. The control surfaces appear to move when I look at the external view. I removed the upgrade to the G1000 that I had in my community folder, still no luck. 

Anyone have any idea what could cause this?

Make sure you lean mixture for the highest static RPM while on the ground

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Why does Asobo even have a legacy mode option when using it breaks their own "default" aircraft?

Now that IS a good question.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.