Sign in to follow this  
PinkPony

ASP3D now compatible with P3D v5.1

16 hours ago, Gumerson said:

I sugest you to try to deactivate envshade and get your original v5.1 shaders restored and shared cache cleared. Take a look at your envshade backup folder and check if the shaders stored have the same date file like the others you will find in your shaders p3d root folder. I had to repair my p3d v5.1 client deleting the envshade restored shaders files because the backup files came from previous versions of prepar3d. I posted a similar issue and this fix at togaproject support forums. 

How can i deactivate EnvShade?

Is it okay to override the ShadersHLSL in P3D with the original Vanilla Folder?

Joachim

Regards Joachim

bear in mind that Envshade and tex does nothing to EA, because EA has it´s own shadermodel which is not fed by the shaders in the p3d shaderfolder. Only with EA off you get tweaked shaders by EnvShade. As long you don´t exspect any "improvements" on EA by the use of Envshade, you will be happy with the enhancements that it does to the "legacy" athmosphere.

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

3 hours ago, Prisco said:

How can i deactivate EnvShade?

Is it okay to override the ShadersHLSL in P3D with the original Vanilla Folder?

Joachim

Yes, That’s what I did, first I made a P3d repair (client) and deleted the HLSL Shaders cache. Runing P3D I founded that the issue persisted! Them I checked my shaders folder in P3D root and I founded that repair tool just didn’t restored the obsolete shaders files. It was easy to see the offending shaders because the file dates where older. I deleted them and used the repair tool again, flushed the shader cache files and started P3D and the issue was fixed.

resuming:

Restoring from envdir was wrong because the files stored in ENVTEX backup folder was fetched from previous version.

Repair with P3D client didn’t worked at my first attempt because I have shader files from previous P3D version.

The fix was deleted the obsolete shaders and le the Client repair utility do the job.

In shader root folder look also at texture subfolder, it was a couple of obsolete files in there too.

Just take care of all your shaders are the vanilla one as you asked.

hope that helps.

cheers 

Richard

Edited by Gumerson

2 hours ago, BerndB said:

bear in mind that Envshade and tex does nothing to EA, because EA has it´s own shadermodel which is not fed by the shaders in the p3d shaderfolder. Only with EA off you get tweaked shaders by EnvShade. As long you don´t exspect any "improvements" on EA by the use of Envshade, you will be happy with the enhancements that it does to the "legacy" athmosphere.

Hi,

Not exactly, for sample terrain saturation, raleigh, vertical vissibility, and a couple of shaders can be improved with envshade as I’ve been able to test. The problem is that some shaders need to be adressed to the new v5.1 P3D shaders.

Maxime told me they were going to check this issue.

Cheers

Richard

On 11/6/2020 at 2:39 PM, cyyzrwy24 said:

Well, something doesn't make any sense here....If I try to disable EA and HDR error message pops up and says correct errors?! Never seen this before....So I am forced to use EA? But I had it off on the ground and when I start playing as suggested this happens...

I think the "correct errors" problem is a 'universal' problem in the menu / dialog box system. I got the same popup telling me to correct errors when trying to change airports. I went into change airport, typed the new airport ID, and selected a gate. I got that error when I clicked Ok. I hit cancel, and then repeated the same exact steps a 2nd time. It worked fine and I ended up where I wanted to be.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

i have envtext and envshade.  im using HDR off, and EA off.  works good.  The proformance is much better , Ill give them that, even if you do have to turn off HDR ( it was a strange dark blue with it on) and EA off,  with the scenery issues, but as i said proformance is better.

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

20 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

i have envtext and envshade.  im using HDR off, and EA off.  works good.  The proformance is much better , Ill give them that, even if you do have to turn off HDR ( it was a strange dark blue with it on) and EA off,  with the scenery issues, but as i said proformance is better.

That’s what I have been using.

HDR off EA off envtex skies 24h 

envshade.

rtss 

and bobs your aunty.performance is great.

mike

Cloud art is not obsolete, there is a cloud art patch to go along with the latest ASN new patch for 5.1

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

6 hours ago, dreamreaper said:

Can you still use Active Sky Cloud Art if you turn off EA in 5.1 or is cloud art a thing of the past now?

50574689516_7a40d2f0b1_b.jpg

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Is that with EA off? 

I get confused about EA and ASCA and how having EA would call different textures.....

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

8 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Is that with EA off? 

I get confused about EA and ASCA and how having EA would call different textures.....

Yes, EA off for me. 

Edited by Ed_S_Pilot

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

@Richard,

thank you for your explanation. i will reset my shaders.

Joachim

Regards Joachim