Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

X-plane deletion

Hi, does anyone here know how to get your account deleted and removed from their database at the org? I don’t want them to have my details anymore and I certainly won’t be back there. The admins there leave a LOT to be desired. I won’t go in to details, but, that please needs a massive shakeup. If I were Austin I wouldn’t be letting them associate with my product. They have the potential to ruin the xplane name. 

5 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

If I were Austin I wouldn’t be letting them associate with my product. They have the potential to ruin the xplane name. 

Lol, they aren´t associated with Austin in any way. 😂

It even says right there on their forum site "Not affiliated with..." - but this is kinda hard for some people to read - usually the same kind of people that feel mistreated by the admins there and then want to make a big thing about it on some other forum to create some waves 😁.

Cheers, Jan (not a .org admin, but a .org "community leader")

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Janov said:

Lol, they aren´t associated with Austin in any way. 😂

It even says right there on their forum site "Not affiliated with..." - but this is kinda hard for some people to read - usually the same kind of people that feel mistreated by the admins there and then want to make a big thing about it on some other forum to create some waves 😁.

Cheers, Jan (not a .org admin, but a .org "community leader")

I’m not trying to create any waves. I just want my info removed.

I am aware they are not affiliated, I said associated. I have been simming since 1999. However anyone who is new to this hobby would think otherwise.  x-plane.com is eerily similar to x-plane.org.

And it’s your kind of snarky reply that makes me 100% about my decision to remove my info from that site. You’re not helpful. If that’s how you lead your community, then god help it. Why even bother replying to my post? And what’s so funny about it? I can’t see any laughing matter. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I won’t go in to details, but, that please needs a massive shakeup. If I were Austin I wouldn’t be letting them associate with my product. They have the potential to ruin the xplane name. 

Yes, this. Absolute nightmare. You also don't need to go into details, most are well aware.

Unfortunately, the org has kinda hit that bankster "too big to fail" issue, they feel like they are immune to the law and general decency because they have like 400k members, they are the "last man standing" from a fairly large number of XP sites that have been and gone over the years, and the only contenders around (like X-Pilot and Threshold) really are no better.

The vast majority of members are also decent, varied, interesting people. Wanting out is a perfectly natural reaction to [the generality] that only not nice people want to moderate (kinda like only not nice people chose to be prison guards) - but it also wont solve it.....

Fortunately. Avsim and (especially) discord.

Also, talk less, fly more.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 3

AutoATC Developer

4 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I’m not trying to create any waves. I just want my info removed.

I am aware they are not affiliated, I said associated. I have been simming since 1999. However anyone who is new to this hobby would think otherwise.  x-plane.com is eerily similar to x-plane.org.

And it’s your kind of snarky reply that makes me 100% about my decision to remove my info from that site. You’re not helpful. If that’s how you lead your community, then god help it. Why even bother replying to my post? And what’s so funny about it? I can’t see any laughing matter. 

I don't get a snarky vibe from Jan at all. Very professional in my option. Bear in mind that different non-English speaking countries have different ways of expressing themselves. Enjoy X-Plane in any case. 

Edited by Jude Bradley
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

2 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

I don't get a snarky vibe from Jan at all. Very professional in my option. Bear in mind that different non-English speaking countries have different ways of expressing themselves. Enjoy X-Plane in any case. 

Maybe he usually is professional, however his reply to me was not. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Janov said:

It even says right there on their forum site "Not affiliated with..." 

affiliated <> associated. Go back and get the school diploma lol  🤣

8 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

that please needs a massive shakeup.

Even as a Paying Customer, speaking the truth can get yourself into a lot of trouble. I was even banned more than once. Any mention of MSFS or graphics sends them crazy.  The line from the movie "You can't handle the truth!"

Greazer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jude Bradley said:

Seriously? You didn't find his comments to be snarky? It was nothing but snark when he low key questioned the OPs reading comprehension and then implied that the OP just wanted to "make some waves" after being "mistreated by admins"...?

That is the pure definition of snark in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

6 minutes ago, soaring_penguin said:

they do operate in Europe, they have to abide by European GDPR law.

almost funny....

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

Funny thing is , twitter, face book, google, you tube, android, apple and goodness knows who else has your info and your worried about Xplane.com. Must live a really sheltered life.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Funny thing is , twitter, face book, google, you tube, android, apple and goodness knows who else has your info and your worried about Xplane.com. Must live a really sheltered life.

Not particularly, I don’t lead a sheltered life, no, however thanks for the assumption.

After further researching x-plane org’s (not com)  owner, I’d rather trust mr Trump with my info than him. 

Whilst we’re on the subject of being snarky (sheltered life assumption) let me correct you by saying it’s ‘you’re’. And thank you for the unhelpful reply. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

13 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

let me correct you by saying it’s ‘you’re’

And (I know it is incorrect to start a sentence with "and" so please do not correct me) who is being snarky now?

I have to say that I find this topic a little inane and I am truly wondering what "outcome" is desired by the OP 

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

17 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

And (I know it is incorrect to start a sentence with "and" so please do not correct me) who is being snarky now?

I have to say that I find this topic a little inane and I am truly wondering what "outcome" is desired by the OP 

Tony 

So, I’m supposed to sit back and take it, right? 
My outcome is clear to see, it’s in my initial question.