Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Update Day - 10 November

Just now, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

[Conspiracy Mode ON]   the glitches are intentional to get us to buy an XBox    [Conspiracy Mode OFF]

LOL......

Did they fix the bad pixelated clouds?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Yep, I'm one of the affected users

Sorry to hear that. My son is faced with this too with his GTX780Ti. Although I suspect that I may be joining you soon too with my GTX980Ti, even though the sim is really running really well for me right now on a mix of Ultra and High. I see a RTX3070 on my horizon but don’t feel like laying out the $$$ right now.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

49 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Sorry to hear that. My son is faced with this too with his GTX780Ti. Although I suspect that I may be joining you soon too with my GTX980Ti, even though the sim is really running really well for me right now on a mix of Ultra and High. I see a RTX3070 on my horizon but don’t feel like laying out the $$$ right now.

Considering that Maxwell 2.0 GPUs like the GTX 980 Ti feature full DirectX 12 support (apart from their weak asynchronous compute implementation) I do not see your card becoming obsolete any time soon, but unfortunately as support responses pointed out, this will always be a possibility. There are several new GPUs on the horizon and NVIDIA are frantically changing their plans now that AMD are extremely competitive, so either way I would recommend that you wait a few more months before making an upgrade. I too will finally be upgrading from my old card once the full next-generation line-ups are out, but with this major issue the wait is getting so much more difficult...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

As they also explained, the cloud flickering indicates that a GPU is below specification because the cloud system was updated in 1.10.7.0 (undocumented change it seems), which means the GTX 770 and similar cards are now obsolete. More precisely, all of the GeForce 600/700/800 series GPUs and some laptop variants from the 900 series.

I have a 2080TI and I got flickering clouds with 1.10.7.0, so that is not the whole truth.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

I have a 2080TI and I got flickering clouds with 1.10.7.0, so that is not the whole truth.

Well that's just bizarre. This is the first report I'm seeing of someone experiencing this problem with a GPU newer than Maxwell 1.0, and plenty of people have reported that they're not seeing this on their Maxwell 2.0, Pascal and Turing GPUs. Can you confirm whether this is the same issue you're experiencing?

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Well that's just bizarre. This is the first report I'm seeing of someone experiencing this problem with a GPU newer than Maxwell 1.0, and plenty of people have reported that they're not seeing this on their Maxwell 2.0, Pascal and Turing GPUs. Can you confirm whether this is the same issue you're experiencing?

Sorry I misunderstand you, I get pixelated clouds, not that weird bug

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |