Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Update Day - 10 November

As long as it makes my morning coffee taste better, then I won't have any issues 🙂

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

56 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

In the main, I just hope they don't mess anything up.  They tend to fiddle when it is not needed.  The new TAA should stay, but the clouds need looking at as there is some graininess in them now.

The graininess has been present since alpha.

28 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

The graininess has been present since alpha.

Yes true, but it has been up and down a bit.  I think they tweaked the sharpening filter again after the last improvement to the TAA, and it now looks slightly worse for me after update 5.

Then again, I did switch from 1440 at 120% scaling to 4k at 80% scaling around the same time, so maybe the extra resolution is making it look worse just for me.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

21 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes true, but it has been up and down a bit.  I think they tweaked the sharpening filter again after the last improvement to the TAA, and it now looks slightly worse for me after update 5.

Then again, I did switch from 1440 at 120% scaling to 4k at 80% scaling around the same time, so maybe the extra resolution is making it look worse just for me.

TBH ... I often have trouble telling because by the time I get the update Nvidia has released a patch that generally resets all my settings to super low mine-craft levels. You would think I would learn and screenshot my settings but .. nope that is too sensible.

• Like 3

All I want to say is please fix the Carenado Mooney  that you broke & live weather thunder & lightning without breaking anything. Thank you.

Then, no mas! 😀

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

44 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Ah, interesting. I run at the same resolution and scaling so perhaps that's why they've always been grainy to me 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

And let's not forget the dozens of threads of folks who've had enough and are going to FSX/Xplane/P3D

Right now, it's just an airport simulator. Happy to keep using P3D X-Plane until it gets some decent aircraft. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

13 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

Right now, it's just an airport simulator. Happy to keep using P3D X-Plane until it gets some decent aircraft. 

Well, that started early - Before this update has even landed - superb! 😄

PS. I'm loving my ever improving 'Airport Simulator'.  😁

• Like 10

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Would be great if they implement the long awaited node based particle effects so we can have contrails, smoke and water/dirt splashes/spray etc.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

And I thought it was a scenery simulator. Seems I was wrongly informed!😁

• Like 8

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

21 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I agree Bob, in a few months all the unconverted will be drinking deep draughts from this well. We, the early disciples, will then have to do our very best, and remain gracious, once they’ve seen the light...

C

PS- I have to fly P3D for some testing I regularly do, but only then, anymore.. and I’d hazard a guess I have more hours on “decent aircraft” than most.

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I can't believe that they are going to make us go through this process every two weeks. I cringe at what they are going to break next.

This is nuts!

My Community folder is cleaned and Windows and all drivers are up to date, I'm ready 👍

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 3

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Just now, DJJose said:

I can't believe that they are going to make us go through this process every two weeks. I cringe at what they are going to break next.

This is nuts!

Nooo!  It's exciting!  Like Christmas every two weeks. 

You get some things you really want, and others that are a bit useless and have to put in the attic or take down the charity shop once the relatives have left! 😄

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Nooo!  It's exciting!  Like Christmas every two weeks. 

You get some things you really want, and others that are a bit useless and have to put in the attic or take down the charity shop once the relatives have left! 😄

LOL. I'm nervous! Their last debacle caused a lot of unneeded stress. They broke the Carenado Mooney, livery mods, and still have not fixed the lightning or real weather. There's a partial fix. That's exciting!