Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Digital Design Salzburg

8 hours ago, Manny said:

Even then look at the imperfections at the end of the runway.. the slush etc. the grass discolorations...

You were talking about the runway. Now you want to critique the colors. MSFS has a variation of colors that change with the atmosphere, weather, time of day, etc. Stop being a party pooper. 😀

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

9 hours ago, psbrandenburg said:

"while listening to some music from the town's favorite son."

@-Scott Brandenburg

you wanted to say: from the town of Salzburg World famous genius composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.:

" fourteen-year-old Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was visiting Rome when he first heard the piece Miserere (Allegri) during the Wednesday service. Later that day, he wrote it down entirely from memory"

14-year old children: try that at home - watch an MSFS youtube video and then go home, and write down the corresponding source code for FlightSimulator in C#.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miserere_(Allegri)

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

@turbomax - well aware, I visited his birthplace, one couldn't escape the Mozart references throughout the area.  🙂  A brilliant, yet troubled, composer and musician.

3 hours ago, psbrandenburg said:

@turbomax - well aware, I visited his birthplace, one couldn't escape the Mozart references throughout the area.  🙂  A brilliant, yet troubled, composer and musician.

I thought you knew, considering your last name 😉

Last time we landed in Salzburg in an A320 coming from LEPA, the pilot flew the pretty steep CIRCLING PROCEDURE RWY 33 , nearly touching the castle.

https://vau.aero/navdb/chart/LOWS.pdf

which is very unusual and a requirement for landings on rwy 33 due to the step terrain left, right and south, makes straight in jet landings to rwy 33 virtually impossible. normally take offs are runway 33. landings rwy 15. After the landing I went into the cockpit and had a little chat with the very friendly captain re. the circling approach. I am sure I was the first passenger to ever talk with him about the fantastic circling approach 🙂

Nowadays, Mozart could fly one of his many private jets, like Herbert von Karajan did. Mozart could easily afford 10 Citation Longitudes, considering that today "earthlings" like Harrison Ford or Travolta can choose from a wide variety of private aircraft.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

DD does a good job, I enjoy the P3D version.   However, I would love to see more static aircraft on the main ramp, its usually bare when I pull in...

8 hours ago, turbomax said:

Nowadays, Mozart could fly one of his many private jets, like Herbert von Karajan did. Mozart could easily afford 10 Citation Longitudes, considering that today "earthlings" like Harrison Ford or Travolta can choose from a wide variety of private aircraft.

But he wouldn't fly into LOWS. He didn't like the place very much. Too small, too provicial for him. One has to understand that he spent the first years of his childhood travelling throughout Europe, meeting extraordinary people, seeing new places, learning all kinds of new music, playing with excellent musicians.

Salzburg was very limited, compared to that, and he didn't like being limited. He only stayed because his family was there and his father was very adamant in securing him a post with the archbishop. 

You know how parents are. A bad job with solid pay is better than freelance with no guarantee of monthly income... 😉

In his case even especially because from the second decade of his life onward his income was the main support of the entire family.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 2

Iff Mozart could recall that much composition on just one listen, does that sound like possibly on a autism spectrum. Sort of

amazing the mind can work like that

Edited by icewater5

Any idea what happens with the two Bin files? One is nearly 2gig, the other 600 odd mb.. I cannot find any info during the initial installation that says what to do with them. Or is it just a case of dropping them into the community folder.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

39 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Any idea what happens with the two Bin files? One is nearly 2gig, the other 600 odd mb.. I cannot find any info during the initial installation that says what to do with them. Or is it just a case of dropping them into the community folder.

NOOOOOO!

It's an installer. All three files go in a folder. Call it LOWS.

Create a folder called LOWS.

Drop the three files into the folder.

DIGITALDESIGN_SALZBURG-V1_MSFS (This is the .exe file) RUN this file

DIGITALDESIGN_SALZBURG-V1_MSFS-1.bin

DIGITALDESIGN_SALZBURG-V1_MSFS-2.bin

Run the .exe file and enter the activation information:

Key

Then choose the main community folder as the installation destination.

That's all.

Update: The total space taken up is 3.06GB

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 11/11/2020 at 1:33 AM, Manny said:

The biggest gripe I have, the runway texture is no better than standard runway. A flat piece of garbage. WTH/. I wouldn'tt download this if its a free ware.  ...

A disclaimer first: Having helped as one of the beta testers for this project I am probably biased. Nevertheless, I have to say that I find the wording of your comment utterly disrespectful. Of course you are free to think what you would like to think. But what kind of runway surface to you expect for a runway at a low traffic airport, which was freshly resurfaced just before all the Covid restrictions? It is also worth to point out that the resolution for ground textures is limited to 15cm at the moment and, hence, you will see markings and lines not as sharp as we know them from P3D.

Having worked closely with Evgeny I can assure you that he is one of the developers who puts a lot of efforts in the small details. Where else do even  the repair patches match the real world situation?

@all others
Just enjoy the scenery and let me know if you encounter any problems. I will monitor this thread and forward it to Evgeny.

CRg9pxT.jpg
Ubwuo1F.jpg

• Like 4

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks @djjose

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,