Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

Clouds and night lighting are fatal after patch 5 and 6

Clouds are grainy and looks terrible, what happend?

They were fantastic till patch 4....

Please fix clouds and night lighting Asobo...

• Like 2

Can we please quit with the histrionic language? "Fatal"? Really? Are people actually in danger of dying from changes made to grain in volumetric clouds?

I actually agree that the night and cloud visuals still need work, but for Pete's sake, 'fatal'?

• Like 12

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

7 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Can we please quit with the histrionic language? "Fatal"? Really? Are people actually in danger of dying from changes made to grain in volumetric clouds?

I actually agree that the night and cloud visuals still need work, but for Pete's sake, 'fatal'?

Are you confusion about the fatal night lighting ? LOL

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

24 minutes ago, airplaneguru84 said:

Why the need to start a duplicate thread, when you literally started the same one two weeks ago? 

You need to ask?  (sarcasm...)  (lol)

Edited by wthomas33065
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, airplaneguru84 said:

@janda Why the need to start a duplicate thread, when you literally started the same one two weeks ago? 

That just said night lighting is fatal, but this new thread says clouds are fatal also.

The clouds really are terrible (set to high) seeing tons of pixelation and grainy textures. Night lighting would be great if they could remove all the 'lightposts' on the highways in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 2

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

28 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

hat just said night lighting is fatal, but this new thread says clouds are fatal also.

A lot of things are fatal these days, however I'm pretty sure clouds and lighting in a sim isn't one of them.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

A lot of things are fatal these days, however I'm pretty sure clouds and lighting in a sim isn't one of them.  

Appears there is a Fatal Attraction...

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Considering that the OP made the Fatal mistake of starting another topic of the fatalities of the sim after the last patch or two, I’m locking this one and he can continue with the first fatality.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator