Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

November 12th 2020 - Development Update

12 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

We could all benefit from a few tweaks to our sensibility curve. Sorry, sensitive subject?

Hermes, God of Flight Simulation, tell me : do the critics, by any chance, annoy the sensibility of the team and its PR staff 😁 ?  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

It is mentioned that there are 7 addon aircraft released sofar Does anyone know which aircraft have been released that are not in the MSFS market place?
I know only of the Aermacchi, but which are the other ones?

Edited by orchestra_nl

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Nice I actually like seeing where they are on things now even if we have no ETA the idea it is being started or not is nice.  I also appreciate the smaller patches that seem to be less game breaking as well.

Are Asobo enhance airports and USA coming with the next update?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

14 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Are Asobo enhance airports and USA coming with the next update?

That’s what development roadmap in the post says. You should read it.

Edited by Tuskin38

I am just so happy there are so many users helping to continue to bug test this sim in addition to Asobo commitment to its development. Theres no way I can see myself trying to use a platform that has things fixed one week and then broken another in the three steps forward one step back current development phase. The old me wanting the next best thing would be totally on board with it( and had I not alpha and beta tested it to have seen what is to come but learned it had a lot more to go until I was ready) would of got it day one to check it out. Carenado has what two offerings and during one patch they get broken and then another one gets fixed and the other not. I'm reading reports of people seeing better results of clean installs over weekly build up of patches. Its going to be some time before we get the A2A/PMDG birds in this sim but glad to see, scenery options will be plentiful. Highly looking forward to joining the MSFS users in time but it seems for me that is still some time in the not so near future.

Edited by Ident

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

That’s what development roadmap in the post says. You should read it.

I saw USA update but not what airports will be enhanced.

49 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I saw USA update but not what airports will be enhanced.

• Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (KATL)
  • Friday Harbor Airport (KFHR)
  • Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (KDFW)
  • New York Stewart International Airport (KSWF)

Also 50 new POIs and an Alaska landing challenge. Not sure if the airports will be made by Asobo or Gaya Simulations.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Also 50 new POIs and an Alaska landing challenge. Not sure if the airports will be made by Asobo or Gaya Simulations.

That's why I asked, because I want to avoid having to buy KATL when an enhanced version will be good enough for me.

• Like 1

Sensitivity is definitely an issue.....a BIG one ! Sometimes when I land and go to taxi to my parking spot, the rudder steering does not respond at all. I end up crashing in the bushes. In my opinion, steering on a taxiway is a critical must to enjoy the end of a flight. 

Edited by slowtrak

2 minutes ago, slowtrak said:

Sensitivity is definitely an issue.....a BIG one ! Sometimes when I land and go to taxi to my parking spot, the rudder steering does not respond at all. I end up crashing in the bushes. In my opinion, steering on a taxiway is a critical must to enjoy the end of a flight. 

But this must be a bug with your configuration because steering while taxi works for most. I suggest you file a bug report

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 10:46 PM, ChaoticBeauty said:

We could all benefit from a few tweaks to our sensibility curve. Sorry, sensitive subject?

Update No. 1:
- AP issues
- Sensitivity issues

Update No. 2:
- LOD issues
- CTD`s

Update No. 3:
- CTD based on peripherals
- Endless download loops

Update No. 4:
- Night lighting issues

They really don`t make it easy to guess what will be next. Perhaps there are more and more less options to choose from? Or they will make wonders?
Who knows.

On 11/13/2020 at 12:54 PM, ChaoticBeauty said:

Hm, less airports than Japan.
Friday Harbour is nice though.

Edited by Tuskin38

There was a FPS boosting CPU optimization mentioned as on the way? Is that going to be in the Nov 12th update (Patch 7? I'm loosing track)? Or the end of the month update with the US updates?

It's generally 4 or 5 days after a patch before it's available? The Nov 12th patch should be here tomorrow or soon? Wasn't the Nov 5th update available on the 10th?

I just got my 3080 finally and it's amazing, but still on my ancient CPU and don't have the budget to upgrade the CPU/mobo right now, so a nice boost in CPU efficiency/fps would be very, very welcome. It's really only down low, roof top level in dense urban areas where I get really bogged down (under 30, sometime teens) due to CPU limits. Generally I'm high 30s or into the 40s and happy with that for 4k, gorgeous settings. 

Edited by Dylanear

1 hour ago, Dylanear said:

I just got my 3080 finally and it's amazing, but still on my ancient CPU and don't have the budget to upgrade the CPU/mobo right now, so a nice boost in CPU efficiency/fps would be very, very welcome.

Pretty amazing how the new engine pushes most of the work to the GPU - enjoy the new card!

BTW, if you want to help "feed" the card and give it a bit more breathing room, try and set XMP on in memory (if is isn't on already and you OC can handle it), enable HT, set low-latency mode in NVCP to on or ultra. Other good suggestions in this thread:

and 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/my-2070-super-4k-settings-and-suggestions-episode-2/272854