Sign in to follow this  
MikeT707

Seasonal Tree Colors

46 minutes ago, Mace said:

Is it possible to make the leaves transparent?  I.e. some sort of alpha channel effect or something similar?

I don't know if that is possible or not and maybe someone knowledgeable with that could provide some input. My hope is that Asobo just create a tree with no leaves, so Asobo, if you are listening... please give us a set of deciduous trees with no leaves.

If we had that, it would take a very short amount of time to create presets that would include this.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Do you expect to include also different vegetation species, depending on the region?. Looking good!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, MikeT707 said:

Take a look at the first picture, which has very green grass and compare it to the second picture which is modified with a Reshade module. Makes a big difference. 

That second picture certainly is much more convincing with the brownish grass! Great stuff!

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

13 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Do you expect to include also different vegetation species, depending on the region?. Looking good!.

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed, thanks for the nice comment. We are only using the assets resident in MSFS so the only vegetation species are what is in the sim.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes.  I may add a few other options outside the original scope, but will be free.

Cheers, Rob.

Mike and Rob, thanks for your work on this upcoming mod, it looks great... Mike: the brown leaves coupled with Asobo's snow look terrific together for a winter solution.

One more shout out to Bijan: thanks again for your fall tree solution as well, it works great and I'm enjoying it very much!

• Like 4

Ken

17 minutes ago, Silicus said:

That second picture certainly is much more convincing with the brownish grass! Great stuff!

Thanks. The very green ground was something that was driving me crazy as I was trying to work the tree colors out. I had really nice warm tone fall colors and the immersion would be degraded with very cool toned cyan green ground. I am glad I was able to find an easy solution that makes a big difference. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

What about trees with no leaves...???

Chris Camp

17 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

What about trees with no leaves...???

We are using Asobo assets only and unfortunately they do not have trees without leaves. I would love it if they did. That way we could include this in the presets. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

2 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

I don't know if that is possible or not and maybe someone knowledgeable with that could provide some input. My hope is that Asobo just create a tree with no leaves, so Asobo, if you are listening... please give us a set of deciduous trees with no leaves.

If we had that, it would take a very short amount of time to create presets that would include this.

In many sims you can make an area transparent with an alpha mask.  For example, lattice work is done that way in the P3D radio towers...rather than drawing individual support braces and parts, there is a transparency mask across a square polygon that leaves a cross-brace off the mask -- thus you get the "effect" of a lattice-work at a fraction of the vertex count.

The thought would be -- and mind you I am completely oblivious to the MSFS tree texture image format -- that this could be done for the leafy areas on these tree textures.  But again I don't know if the leaf areas are separate image files or if they have an entire species of tree modelled in one image.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

Thanks for the comments. Asobo did a really great job with snow and I find winter in MSFS to be beautiful.

So are they changing the grass/ground layer for snow? If so, wouldn't that be a way to go with changing the grass/ground colors?

James

2 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

We are using Asobo assets only and unfortunately they do not have trees without leaves. I would love it if they did. That way we could include this in the presets. 

I'm curious, is it possible to add new trees, different types of trees, or other "assets" like animals into MSFS? Or does it have to be in the "base" of the game?

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

1 hour ago, Phantoms said:

So are they changing the grass/ground layer for snow? If so, wouldn't that be a way to go with changing the grass/ground colors?

Asobo does change the grass/ground layer for snow. Who knows what they are planning for the house version of seasons, but using shaders to change ground color from bright green to something more appealing for fall colors might be a good approach. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

2 minutes ago, SlowFlyer said:

I'm curious, is it possible to add new trees, different types of trees, or other "assets" like animals into MSFS? Or does it have to be in the "base" of the game?

Good question. I am sure there is a way to add new assets like trees into the game, and I wish I knew how to do that. I have seen that the game files reference a texture index so I would assume that the texture index would be the nut to crack in order to add different assets. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

12 hours ago, BaronKen said:

Mike and Rob, thanks for your work on this upcoming mod, it looks great... Mike: the brown leaves coupled with Asobo's snow look terrific together for a winter solution.

Thanks Ken. I am really impressed with the job Asobo has done with their snow depiction and I am glad the trees look good with it. 

gOJdenz.jpg

• Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations