Sign in to follow this  
Noel

ALERT! 3rd Party Airports are missing ILS Freq in MFD

I purchased three, KPDX and KSBA, and both are missing the ILS frequencies accessible thru the MFD's Airport Info, Frequencies page.  All the default airports I've flown into all over the world contain these and you can select them and make them Active as you know for your ILS approaches.  As a test, I deleted KPDX Flightbeam, so the default KPDX then becomes active and ILS frequencies appear as they should.  I zendesked this several weeks ago, they tagged it as SOLVED, and yet despite reinstalling KPDX Flightbeam just two days ago to see if they communicated this missing data field to Flightbeam, but for whatever reason the ILS frequencies remain missing.

If you're contemplating purchasing one you might hold off to help get their attention--check it out yourself and do a zendesk ticket so this can be addressed before all 3rd party airports forever are leaving out the ILS frequencies.  Seems like a classic oversight.  If this was from only one developer then I would be contacting them, and still may have to since MS/Asobo deemed my original ticket as misdirected to them, presumably because they think onus is on the developer to fix the omission.  I'm guessing the SDK for airports simply left out the ILS freq fields.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I have KPDX by flightbeam. They have all of the classic ILS frequencies intact and usable, I have many, many times. That does not mean that the Flightbeam product is working properly otherwise, however. It is not. For me, It defers to runways 3-21 always and never to any of the 10-28 runways ever whether for take-off clearance nor for approach no matter wind directions. Nor does not allow blue taxi arrows ever even to 3-21. Remove Flightbeam and everything works normally. I logged this problem with Flightbeam weeks and weeks ago and despite saying they would fix it, they have not. I am imagining that the lack of a full SDK is holding up fixing many such things. I have not reported this to Zendesk, however and probably won't. Good luck!
United001 

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

Just now, united001 said:

I have KPDX by flightbeam. They have all of the classic ILS frequencies intact and usable, I have many, many times. That does not mean that the Flightbeam product is working properly otherwise, however. It is not. For me, It defers to runways 3-21 always and never to any of the 10-28 runways ever whether for take-off clearance nor for approach no matter wind directions. Nor does not allow blue taxi arrows ever even to 3-21. Remove Flightbeam and everything works normally. I logged this problem with Flightbeam weeks and weeks ago and despite saying they would fix it, they have not. I am imagining that the lack of a full SDK is holding up fixing many such things. I have not reported this to Zendesk, however and probably won't. Good luck!
United001 

Ok very good to know thanks.  What plane are you using to demonstrate this so I can duplicate, perhaps this is an issue w/ the TBM930 which is my default plane.  Same same for KSBA.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

ALERT!

Fightbeam KPDX and Orbx KSBA all work fine for me. ILS info from Navigraph charts work perfect.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 7

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

15 minutes ago, Noel said:

I purchased three, KPDX and KSBA, and both are missing the ILS frequencies accessible thru the MFD's Airport Info, Frequencies page.  All the default airports I've flown into all over the world contain these and you can select them and make them Active as you know for your ILS approaches.  As a test, I deleted KPDX Flightbeam, so the default KPDX then becomes active and ILS frequencies appear as they should.  I zendesked this several weeks ago, they tagged it as SOLVED, and yet despite reinstalling KPDX Flightbeam just two days ago to see if they communicated this missing data field to Flightbeam, but for whatever reason the ILS frequencies remain missing.

If you're contemplating purchasing one you might hold off to help get their attention--check it out yourself and do a zendesk ticket so this can be addressed before all 3rd party airports forever are leaving out the ILS frequencies.  Seems like a classic oversight.  If this was from only one developer then I would be contacting them, and still may have to since MS/Asobo deemed my original ticket as misdirected to them, presumably because they think onus is on the developer to fix the omission.  I'm guessing the SDK for airports simply left out the ILS freq fields.

Before you make an assumption you have to figure out a cause! All airport you listed do have ILS frequencies which works fine. However, there is inconsistency  with certain aircraft which auto tune ILS frequencies when desired approach is selected. It works for default airport, but for 3rd patty airports one has to dial frequencies manually. In any case it is a good habit to cross check approach frequencies and brief approach prior landing  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

29 minutes ago, Noel said:

Have you tried manually dialing in the frequencies? If so I would agree that this is a problem. If not, try it. I bet it will work.

Edited by mtr75

I can confirm, that it's not that the airports are missing the frequencies, it's that the FMC or avionics don't autotune to the frequency when you choose the appropriate approach and load it in. 

This could be a bug in the scenery or it could be the way that the avionics fetches the ILS frequencies and autotunes the radio.  I am not a pilot so I am not sure if the real FMC's/Avionics suites do this for the pilot or if this is just a function of the sim trying to simplify things for the pilot, or a bug in how the AI copilot automatically tunes radios.

In any case, can we retitle the thread to actually describe the issue being discussed without the 911 Alert to stop buying all third party airports?

Really guys, the histrionics are getting a little out of hand......ALERT!!!!! ALERT!!!!! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!!

Edited by wthomas33065
  • Like 2

Haha from the title i was sure im gonna see something like: "MSFS coming to life end in 2 days..." lol 

Edited by roi1862
  • Like 1

Roi Ben

This issue is frustratiing. I had to buy SimPlatesUltra so I can type in the frequency especially non non US Airports where approach plates are hard to comeby on the internet.

I am not exactly sure who the cultprit is, Many of the Addons do have missing ILS Frequency not poping up on my FMC. Some pop up on the B787 but not the A320 Neo (Modified)

So not sure who to blame... 🙂

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

2 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

STOP telling us to STOP. 

Stop telling us to stop telling us to stop

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

lol, what a thread🙃 Might help to know what planes this happens with ( i think someone already said that). Otherwise Navigraph or something, until this gets fixed.

Edited by icewater5

36 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

STOP telling us to STOP. 

Not to mention impugning 3rd party developers for something that isn't their fault. 

16 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Not to mention impugning 3rd party developers for something that isn't their fault. 

Yea, i facepalm a lot lately reading some people 😄

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

Yea, i facepalm a lot lately reading some people 😄

Yeah and if you saw the initial thread title, it said “don’t buy third party addons.”