Sign in to follow this  
slashed2

Another TrackIR rave

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

and we do have a 30-day return policy

Thanks Geof. You just convinced me to get off the fence as well. I have been listening to other raves for some time but just wasn't quite sure.Regards,

Guest Stoopy

Well that settles it! LOL!Showed the lil' wifey the cool videos and yakked about it.....hey you don't have something like an e-mail brochure with ordering information that can be sent to her, y'know, surreptitiously so to speak, without me having to admit knowledge about it, do ya?? :)I mean what with the holidays and all she's looking for the perfect gift...this is definitely IT ;)

Guest SERPO

I just got mine the other day. I got it working in FS2004 and I really like it. Makes flying, especially in the pattern, much easier.However, I'm having trouble getting it to work in FSX. I have Version 4.1 Build 28 and FSX is listed in the TrackIR profiles. Is there a setting somewhere in FSX or TrackIR that I need to change to get it to work in FSX? I didn't need to change any settings to get it to work in FS2004.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.P.S. I noticed one of the settings in the TrackIR software that allows for tracking of the track hat or a tracking dot. I didn't see a tracking dot included with my TrackIR. I know with the dot, I'll only get pitch and yaw, but for flight sim I think that will be fine. I would rather use a dot so that I don't have to wear a hat and just put the dot on my headset mic. Was there supposed to be a dot included? Is that something extra?

Guest Thor734

>Just got mine yesterday. Setup was a snap. Flew around a>while without any adjustments just to get a feel of it.>Unfortunately, I got a splitting headache. In my case, I think>the movement needs to be slowed a bit. I also found myself>getting tense trying to keep my head still. This is in no way>a slam against the product - I will now RTFM and try to>adjust.>>I like the suggestion of mapping the F9 to Button 1 of the>yoke.>>Noticed the pan was smoother than the hat switch.>>>So far so good,>>VicI had that same problem for a while with it. I goes away after using it for a while.

>I just got mine the other day. I got it working in FS2004 and>I really like it. Makes flying, especially in the pattern,>much easier.>>However, I'm having trouble getting it to work in FSX. I have>Version 4.1 Build 28 and FSX is listed in the TrackIR>profiles. Is there a setting somewhere in FSX or TrackIR that>I need to change to get it to work in FSX? I didn't need to>change any settings to get it to work in FS2004.>>Any help would be appreciated.>>Thanks.>>>P.S. I noticed one of the settings in the TrackIR software>that allows for tracking of the track hat or a tracking dot. I>didn't see a tracking dot included with my TrackIR. I know>with the dot, I'll only get pitch and yaw, but for flight sim>I think that will be fine. I would rather use a dot so that I>don't have to wear a hat and just put the dot on my headset>mic. Was there supposed to be a dot included? Is that>something extra?Edit; if you don't wish to use the 'hat' you can attach your reflector clip to your headset assuming the head band is narrow enough to accomodate it?Failing that, Natural Point have now developed another clip that fits onto the side earpiece.Go to the website for info.Serpo,Please sign your post's so that we know who we are talking to?The Trackir 4 that I am assuming your referring to operates via the clip with three reflectors on. Previous versions of TrackIR-1 and 2 worked using a stick-on dot which users attacted to their forehead.With regard to your first question, there is an 'beta' version of software to go with TrackIR4 available at the 'Natural Point' website that works perfectly with FSX.Go, get it.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Alright, you guys have done it now. Yes, I listened to you and took the plunge. It's all your fault. Now you've got to provide me with a place to hide when the wife finds out I've spent a good sum of money on a "toy"(her definition).I never paid much attention to the comments about TrackIR until now. Sounds like a MUST HAVE for simming. Hope I'm right, and based on the comments here, it is.Thanks to all. My comms from now on will be from the doghouse.:}

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Yaeh, I had a bit of nausea too - until I disabled the ROLL axis! I found out when I tried to do "Press you head to the cockpit window/canopy and look down", I tended to 'roll' my head a bit - which in turn caused the whole picture to tilt! Without the ROLL axis, there are just no worries!!!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Got mine yesterday!What a trip! total immersion with this gadget. I disabled the roll axis, and it is completely natural, finally I can let my head lean in turns, which takes dimension to a whole new level. Even a few friends who are not into flight sims at all, were completely BLOWN away!thanks to this thread alone, do not think I would have stumbled across it otherwise...danon - -

Guest Shalomar

I just put in my order today....2nd day air...Oh the anticipation!!!Best Regards, Donny :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Donny you are about to enter a whole new Sim.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

He doesn't know how happy he will be in a few days! :) (And don't let the first half hour fool you: you need some time to set things up properly, but as soon as you've got that done (and you WILL get it done, if necessary with our help) you will indeed enter a whole new sim. Track IR is awesome!)

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Enjoy!!!!!!

There's really no reason not to get this now! Got to www.simtube.com, there's a banner there; click on it to get a little discount. :)

Guest BOPrey

I have been using TrackIR for years. Mainly for combat sims. I have tip for you. If you want to look left, DON'T just turn you head left while you eyes are fixated on the screen. Instead, lean your body to the right while still looking at the screen. Your head will turn to the left naturally.