captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

1 hour ago, KL791 said:

Yes, you are absolutely right. We have partnered with fleetmon.com for AIS data and if a boat turns off AIS it will not be visible. Also very small boats do usually not have AIS signal, so GAIST ULTRA Real Time will not be optimal to fill marinas. Nor to display navy ships, which mostly do not reveal their positions either. For the later we will keep a bgl back up with preprogrammed Navy traffic and for marinas there is Mamu Design, though we might see some conflicts between the two, but we still have to check that out. But to fill the seas in a realistic way it will be excellent 😄 😄 😄 Check out below the diversity of ships anchored on this screenshot from Singapore.

YOrlPb-Screenshot-2022-12-30-162407.jpg

luckily big vessels will leave AIS on in port, and just change the status to moored, at least I teach my officers to use this.

• Like 1

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

13 minutes ago, pilotter said:

luckily big vessels will leave AIS on in port, and just change the status to moored, at least I teach my officers to use this.

soon you can also check in the sim if they follow your advise 😄 

• Like 1

This looks fantastic.  I seem to recall that the advice was to leave ship AI traffic at 60%.  Was that/is that still the case?  Does that allow all ships to be in the sim?

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

For this scenery to work best keep it between 5 and 10%. Anything above is a waste.

• Like 2

I have put the GAIST traffic files in my designated regions folder structure which is basically the same as the regions in GAIST.
Now, when I switch from region in Add-on Linker, the traffic files will be automatically activated.
This way, I do not have to activate them separately in their own GAIST folder.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, KL791 said:

soon you can also check in the sim if they follow your advise 😄 

literally run upstairs to the bridge too check 🙂

• Like 1

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Not sure if wakes are working in V3? I haven't seen any yet crossing the channel a number of times? I'll keep looking

36 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Not sure if wakes are working in V3? I haven't seen any yet crossing the channel a number of times? I'll keep looking

did you add ground wind? if the sea is flat with no winds wakes will be barely visible - I recomend adding a ground wind layer from 5-15 knots

Saw a bunch of cruise ships in the Caribbean today coming up from St. Kitts northwest bound to San Juan. Lots of Carnival Cruise line but did not see any Royal Carribean mega- Oasis class yet!

• Like 1

Eric 

4 hours ago, B777ER said:

Saw a bunch of cruise ships in the Caribbean today coming up from St. Kitts northwest bound to San Juan. Lots of Carnival Cruise line but did not see any Royal Carribean mega- Oasis class yet!

If I am not mistaken she can be found on routes South of Sint Maarten... 😄

• Like 1

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is "Latam-routes"?

Is there a breakdown anywhere that shows one what is covered by each route?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

So because I'm lazy whats the downside to just activating all routes on performance?  I'm assuming the boats only load in if I'm in the area correct???

Thomas Derbyshire