captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

9 hours ago, Farlis said:

Stop teasing us. Release it already! 😬

There isn't anything we would like more to do, but unfortunately to go the last meters with the User Interface we need Fleetmon, and because of the acquisition of Fleetmon and Marinetraffic by Kpler they have told us it will take at least another 5-6 weeks. The only thing we can do meanwhile is to try to make our part, the models and the algorithm maneuvering the models in between datapoints even better. We have a fully functional Beta but it can always be made more complete, better and that is what we do while we wait. 

wUbNPb-Screenshot-2023-04-09-184623.jpg

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

Will it be possible (like with AIG) that we can make our own routes and make traffic where there isn't much? I know there were some kind of way to do it in FSX/P3d, but will that also work in MSFS? I sure would like more traffic in ie. Limfjorden (Henrik, you know where that is) 🙂 

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

2 minutes ago, jlund said:

Will it be possible (like with AIG) that we can make our own routes and make traffic where there isn't much? I know there were some kind of way to do it in FSX/P3d, but will that also work in MSFS? I sure would like more traffic in ie. Limfjorden (Henrik, you know where that is) 🙂 

You can do that already in exactly the same was as for FSX/P3D with the freeware AIBTC tool, Google Earth and Windows Notepad... Search eg on FSDeveloper.com for AIBTC to see how.

For the Real Time traffic there will not be any routes. It is all based on position data received from the ships in real life. However, the models can be used simultaneously for both traditional routes and real time traffic based on AIS. In fact I run GAIST RT and GAIST V3 at the same time on my main computer without issues, but on some older systems it would give problems.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 5:39 AM, peloto said:

So planes to sell are going to be removed of Marketplace, cause they can be used as weapons, really wise.

There's a big difference there.

35 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

There's a big difference there.

Haha, no, a plane is a weapon too, or not, like many things, depends of the user, even your hands etc., and you not delete the hands of the pilots.

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

weapon
noun
noun: weapon; plural noun: weapons
  1. a THING designed or USED for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.

Hi Henrik,

With 92 pages and rising, I obviously haven't read everything so forgive me if you have already discussed this, but in terms of MSFS water physics, what are your thoughts about having vessels roll or pitch in heavy seas? The smaller vessels especially. I sense MSFS water physics is just not up to it but I'm not familiar with what is required for this at all. Does it rely entirely on MSFS water physics, or the SDK,  or can it been done through model configuration? 

Cheers

Terry 

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

5 hours ago, B777ER said:

This is from two months ago and the issue has long been settled. But thanks for chiming in after all the dust has settled. Your contribution to the forum is beyond reproach two months later after everyone else has moved on. 🙄

Well, yes, the date is right there on your message... but thanks for pointing it out, I guess? See, what's cool about the way a forum works is, people can communicate in other than real time.  So if a point remains valid (as mine does), it doesn't have an expiration date!

Pretty neat, isn't it?  😉

Andrew Crowley

On 4/14/2023 at 2:46 AM, Lord Farringdon said:

Hi Henrik,

With 92 pages and rising, I obviously haven't read everything so forgive me if you have already discussed this, but in terms of MSFS water physics, what are your thoughts about having vessels roll or pitch in heavy seas? The smaller vessels especially. I sense MSFS water physics is just not up to it but I'm not familiar with what is required for this at all. Does it rely entirely on MSFS water physics, or the SDK,  or can it been done through model configuration? 

Cheers

Terry 

In P3D there is a simplistic model for movement of the ships making them pitch and roll in function of windspeed. It didn't really follow the waves, but with hard decks at least it gave a challenge for landing. This is something enable by LM and not something I did with the models, though the models needed to be enabled.

In principle we can in MSFS create an animation which makes the ships roll and pitch, but I am afraid it would consume too much computer power to do it this way. Hopefully it will be solved in a smarter way by Asobo. The best would be a real interaction which would create real waves around the ships due to interaction between model and water as it can be seen eg in DCS.

Edited by KL791
  • Like 1

Once again we can report live from MSFS with Global AI Ship Traffic Real Time... The ferry Walla Walla ran aground yesterday between Seattle and Bremerton, but despite tugs and Coast Guard being in place to assist we can see that still now that darkness has fallen the ferry remains solid on ground a few meters from the coast... Model of the Walla Walla by Larry Robinson, tugs and Coast Guard by me. I am sorry we did not manage to launch this add-on in public yet, but I think this demonstrates the potential. In fact the first ideas about the Real Time started when I was approached by Fleetmon after the grounding of the Ever Given in the Suez Channel during the pandemic.

kNUNPb-Walla-Walla-grounded-MSFS-GAIST-R

7mVNPb-Walla-Walla-grounded-Seattle-Brem

jNUNPb-Screenshot-2023-04-16-070331.jpg

lNUNPb-Walla-Walla-MSFS-stuck-near-Bainb

kNUNPb-Screenshot-2023-04-16-071139.jpg

• Like 17
  • Upvote 1

I just signed up for a free account with FleetMon, and tried following the ferry between Thyborøn & Agger (Kanalen) and wondered when  Global AI ships live is released, if I can follow it on Fleetmon, AND then open MSFS and see it at the excact same spot in MSFS? If not the excact model, then some kind of ferry?

• Like 1

Jorn Lundtoft

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

1 hour ago, jlund said:

I just signed up for a free account with FleetMon, and tried following the ferry between Thyborøn & Agger (Kanalen) and wondered when  Global AI ships live is released, if I can follow it on Fleetmon, AND then open MSFS and see it at the excact same spot in MSFS? If not the excact model, then some kind of ferry?

Yes, that is the case. With the Walla Walla above we have the right model and texture so a direct match, but for the ferry between Thyborøn and Agger I still didn't model the ferry, so you will see a substitute of similar size.

TcaOPb-Screenshot-2023-04-16-125342.jpg

TcaOPb-Screenshot-2023-04-16-125358.jpg

• Like 1

Here at day break we can report that the Walla Walla is back in Bremerton after tugs pulled her free during the night....

3ScOPb-Screenshot-2023-04-16-155147.jpg

BScOPb-Screenshot-2023-04-16-155208.jpg

• Like 3

"so you will see a substitute of similar size"    That's good enough for me, but it surely gives another dimension to the sim with both real time airplanes, and now boats.

Looking forward to it. 

• Like 3

Jorn Lundtoft

On 4/13/2023 at 9:37 PM, peloto said:

Haha, no, a plane is a weapon too, or not, like many things, depends of the user, even your hands etc., and you not delete the hands of the pilots.

Their primary purpose isn't a weapon though.

18 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Their primary purpose isn't a weapon though.

The military aircrafts yes, are weapons in their primary purpose, they have even a machine gun etc..