captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

That's awesome! So the ships each has their own unique route. I can't wait for the official release of this. One of the top add-ons in my book!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I cannot find it at the moment but I believe Asobo said in the past that they had prototypes or at least the idea of adding in real world non-aviation traffic according to real world movement - both road vehicle/cars and ships! The cars/traffic was based on bing traffic densities at given time, not sure about how the ship traffic would work, but likely similar to the aircraft traffic...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, captain420 said:

That's awesome! So the ships each has their own unique route. I can't wait for the official release of this. One of the top add-ons in my book!

You can view the actual routes and search for individual ships in either the text file listings or Google Earth app. To see them in Google Earth, just load the included KML file.

• Like 1

Also very much looking forward to this as a payware quality add-on.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

It would be very nice to have a feature that we can add ships from the library and add routes from google for them to make the seas more rich in the areas that we like, locally. And maybe share these files, as well.

• Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

@dobee51 At what point do I select "Legacy"?

Will helicopters work?

Martin

Edited by sauviat
extra

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

@dobee51 Um, the plane from fsx is not showing in my aircraft selection, having followed the build of the jsons!

It's bizarre as it's showing in the content manager!

Martin

Edited by sauviat
info

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

There's several reasons a converted aircraft might not be showing up, be invisible etc. I seem to recall that it's pretty common when converting a P3d version or FS 2004 aircraft, and not a 'true' FSX version. Be advised also there could be DLLs in the panel directory that aren't converting, or textures in old BMP format that need to be first converted to DDS. Sometimes if there's a lot of different liveries/variants for the aircraft, that can cause problems. The first thing I used to do is delete all of the other variants and try to reduce the plane to a bare-bones load. Later you can add things back in...

You could try the Legacy Converter first. You can download a number of versions here: http://eech.online/msfslegacyimporter/  Lately I have been having trouble with the latest version crashing on my computer, or fighting my virus checker, but I had pretty good success with the last full version I think...

You're also going to want the MCX converter, to import and check the MDL Model files. You can get that at the FS Developer Forum. There's a pinned thread in the Aircraft SDK section that has all the latest tools that developers and converters are using. And also DXTBMP program to convert textures.

Check out the FS Developer Showcase on the MSFS Forums when you encounter problems. Here's a link I copied, but I'm not sure if puts you at the beginning or end of the thread. There's been thousands of posts there though, and its become kind of a knowledge base for the whole process. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fsx-import-showcase/165910

For an introductory aircraft you might want to try converting the FSX Aircreation_582SL default ultra-light. It converts rather well, even starts up and flies, but also has a few obvious problems to tinker with. 

Edited by dobee51

@dobee51 I have placed the C47 from FSX and the fix. I'm not really OK with how planes are made up, and I am flightsimming since 2005! I know BMP are like picture, but DDSs!

I now have the MSFS update coming in, so let's see what we are getting?

Martin

Martin Parr

I know, it's best to be careful with this stuff. I only have a couple converted aircraft that I trust to fly once in a while, and I always remove them before an official update. Still it's fun to tinker with them while waiting for 3rd party developers to get up to speed.

From Wiki: A DDS file is a raster image saved in the DirectDraw Surface (DDS) container format. It can store compressed and uncompressed pixel formats and is often used for texturing video game unit models.

OK, I will come back to you, but my updates take some hours, then the US install from in-game!

Martin

Martin Parr

Wake behind the ships (effects) dissapeared after the latest patch of MSFS.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

8 minutes ago, kt069 said:

I guess thats a good thing until we get  more realistic looking wake effects?

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 hours ago, kt069 said:

Did you try re-building the layout.json? Maybe something changed value.