captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

"I counted them all out, and I counted them all back" - say no more

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

@CJ1045

52 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

The Harrier is too functional and not enough form. 

It showed its form in The Falklands. And just by chance, the 5 British warships I mentioned earlier, are following the "Balgrano" right now heading west along the south coast:)

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

6 minutes ago, sauviat said:

@CJ1045

It showed its form in The Falklands. And just by chance, the 5 British warships I mentioned earlier, are following the "Balgrano" right now heading west along the south coast:)

Martin

Form = How it looks

Function = What it does

That is what I meant. 

CJ

• Like 1

I've edited my starting manifest.json to read:

"dependencies": [],
  "content_type": "CUSTOM",
  "title": "Global AI Ship Traffic V2",
  "manufacturer": "",
  "creator": "Henrick Nielson",
  "package_version": "2.0.0",
  "minimum_game_version": "1.10.9",
  "release_notes": {
    "neutral": {
      "LastUpdate": "",
      "OlderHistory": ""
    }
  },
  "total_package_size": "418216"
}

My question is regarding the last line, total_package_size. Since the MSFSLayoutGenerator makes the layout.json and not the manifest, where would I get this information for total package size?

James

51 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

My question is regarding the last line, total_package_size. Since the MSFSLayoutGenerator makes the layout.json and not the manifest, where would I get this information for total package size?

You can leave it, it won't break the sim if it's wrong. I believe all it does is tell the content manager how big the package is.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

Thank you guys, now I have ships.

I missed them so much, now - happy flying and not allone over the ocean 😉 

• Like 1

Stephan from Germany

My System

Is there an Idiots Guide to downloading/installing the Ships? I can't seem to find a direct download link, thanks

• Like 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

This is no voddoo. Download the old p3d file, grab the tool, grab any layout.json, merge them and take it to the comunityfolder and you got ships , life can be that easy with a little help 🤠

Stephan from Germany

My System

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Is there an Idiots Guide to downloading/installing the Ships? I can't seem to find a direct download link, thanks

Go to https://flightsimnorway.com/

Click on "Downloads" along the top.

On the left side that appears, click on "AI Ship Packs"

"Global AI Ship Traffic V2" should be the top choice, just download it.

Once downloaded, go in the zip file and place the "Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2" folder with all it's files in your MSFS community folder.

Then just follow the advice in the following post from this thread on how to get it working in MSFS:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/589840-henrik-nielsons-global-ai-ship-traffic-for-msfs/?do=findComment&comment=4413103

• Like 2

James

3 minutes ago, sal9000 said:

This is no voddoo. Download the old p3d file, grab the tool, grab any layout.json, merge them and take it to the comunityfolder and you got ships , life can be that easy with a little help 🤠

the download of the AI ships are here?

https://www.flightsimnorway.com/addons/?funct=dl&pack=aishipsn

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

11 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Go to https://flightsimnorway.com/

Click on "Downloads" along the top.

On the left side that appears, click on "AI Ship Packs"

"Global AI Ship Traffic V2" should be the top choice, just download it.

Once downloaded, go in the zip file and place the "Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2" folder with all it's files in your MSFS community folder.

Then just follow the advice in the following post from this thread on how to get it working in MSFS:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/589840-henrik-nielsons-global-ai-ship-traffic-for-msfs/?do=findComment&comment=4413103

Awesome thanks

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

OK. I think I did all the steps. Now where do I go to see the pretty ships? 🙂

figured: The included PDF has some visual routes around the Globe.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Do I still have to redownload this if I already have it installed from my previous P3D setup? Can't I just move it over to my Community folder and resume from there?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

20 minutes ago, Manny said:

OK. I think I did all the steps. Now where do I go to see the pretty ships? 🙂

figured: The included PDF has some visual routes around the Globe.

My favorite spot is TFFJ.   I have the ship and small craft sliders set at 95 and it makes the ocean come alive.   I like flying around 5:20am,  when the ships still have their lights on.

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 3