captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

8 minutes ago, imb12 said:

There are several AI Ships that contain BMP files! Do you need to convert these to DDS files for these boats to be displayed correctly?

I believe that is a yes,  but I'm not positive.

But,  you have to watch how you save them as DDS.   Like I said,  DXT1 doesn't save an alpha channel.   Alpha channels define transparency.   I think DXT3 or DXT5,  do save the alpha channel,  but I'm not really educated in this.

I know I converted the HMS Bounty using the DXT1 setting,  but some parts of the model don't show the textures correctly.   I think I need to use one of the formats that does save the alpha channel instead of DXT1.

20 hours ago, EmaRacing said:

Installed, it works but if you change time of the day during flight, it gets VERY angry and it's heavy stutterworld until flight restart.

Same thing happens in P3D V5 if you change time on the fly, it's just how the AI engine loads the AI plans.

Although I've never had to restart to fix the stutters, the sim sorts itself out for me.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, Waldo Pepper said:

I have the Constitution and may need to use it down the road, but I was hoping to get a merchant ship, that I could play around with, maybe install a landable deck or add it to one of the merchant ship routes. I think other people are working on a landable Aircraft Carrier.

Edited by dobee51

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Same thing happens in P3D V5 if you change time on the fly, it's just how the AI engine loads the AI plans.

Although I've never had to restart to fix the stutters, the sim sorts itself out for me.

Even if you just change the weather, I guess the route changes because the ship disappears.

17 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

Even if you just change the weather, I guess the route changes because the ship disappears.

Changing the weather changes the date back to the current date. Though not the time.

Edited by Tuskin38

Can someone PLEASE put in simple terms how to convert the AI Ship package to MSFS.  Can you give me SIMPLE step by step instructions.  What I consider a success is just to see a ship object in the sim.  I do not care about wakes or landing platforms - just give me some moving ships.

Thank you very much!

Kodiakman

2 hours ago, Kodiakman9 said:

Can someone PLEASE put in simple terms how to convert the AI Ship package to MSFS.  Can you give me SIMPLE step by step instructions.  What I consider a success is just to see a ship object in the sim.  I do not care about wakes or landing platforms - just give me some moving ships.

Thank you very much!

Kodiakman

AS it is described above in the posts :

After downloading and extracting the mentioned collection properly to your community folder; please also download the MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe from this link https://github.com/HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator/releases , and put it in the same folder with the collection. Then grab any layout.json and manifest.json files from any of your existing addons (no problem which one they are) and put them in he same folder. Lastly, take only your layout.json file and place it onto MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe  file which will convert your layout.json file to the one you need automatically. That is it. Then run your simulator. All is there. (Do not forget that all the above files must be in the same folder to generate properly.)

I hope this helps you and the others who are requesting the same information. Happy flying. Please let me know ?

• Upvote 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

I'd open the manifest in notepad and change the info.   Here's what I did,

{
  "dependencies": [],
  "content_type": "SCENERY",
  "title": "Global AI Ship Traffic V2",
  "manufacturer": "Henrik Nielsen",
  "creator": "Henrik Nielsen",
  "package_version": "FSX/P3d Port-over",
  "minimum_game_version": "1.9.5",
  "release_notes": {
    "neutral": {
      "LastUpdate": "",
      "OlderHistory": ""
    }
  }
}

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 1

What do you mean with "unzip propefly"? Could you provide a screenshot from the folder? It is still not working on my end...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Also make sure the Ship and Ferry traffic is enabled and turned up in your sim settings.

James

53 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

I'd open the manifest in notepad and change the info.   Here's what I did,

Why did you change the manifest? Does it mean any change in AI Ships behavior or anything else?

Ok.  Couple of questions.  

1.  What do you mean by install the content properly?  When I unzip the file the package (folder) is put together for me.

2.  Where do I find the .json files

3.  Where are the manifest files

1 minute ago, Kodiakman9 said:

2.  Where do I find the .json files

3.  Where are the manifest files

As described earlier, go to any add-on folder in your Community folder, copy from there those two files and paste them in the AI ship folder. Then you change the layout.json with the MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe (get it from this link: https://github.com/HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator/releases). The manifest.json you can change, as described by Waldo Pepper (see his above post)

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I'll wait for the official MSFS release of this fantastic mod.

Love it in FSX and looking forward to the MSFS version.

• Like 1

Alexander Alonso

I didn’t give you an answer to your first question, because I was not sure, whether it would have been correct, But now that it’s working, here’s what I did:

First I installed it in the Community folder:

Ships-1.jpg

Inside this folder it looks like this:

Ships-3.jpg

Inside the SimObjects folder is the Boat folder:

Ships-4.jpg

And inside the Boat folder are all the AI ships:

Ships-5.jpg

First I had my ship traffic at 50%: 

Portsmouth-5.jpg

I flew around Hamburg; I didn’t see any ship traffic. Hmmh… Then I went to Portsmouth and found this. Hallelujah, I see a ship:

Portsmouth-1.jpg

When I increased my ship traffic to 100%, I saw this:

Portsmouth-2.jpg

As it had no impact on my fps, I’ll leave it at 100%. Here are a few leisure boats I encountered around the same area. And they are moving. No wake, but that doesn’t matter

Portsmouth-3.jpg 

Portsmouth-4.jpg

Have fun!

Bernd

• Like 4

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080