captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

For the largest confluence of vessels go to the English Channel. between France and the UK from Dover to Cornwall - around the Isle of Wight. There are racing yachts, ferries and a multitude of different cargo and oilers.

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

This is not the first time I flown over Key West, there are al lot more ships, as you can see in the NavMap.

Last time there where no ships.

Stephan from Germany

My System

I have the latest LNM but the Ships are still greyed out, can't figure out how to turn them On.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

@MarcGAre you seeing orange planes in LNM? If so you should see the ships. Your ship setting do not have to be high, but at 50 you should have them.

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

How do you get this to work? the Ships Icon in LNM is greyed out for me, thanks

I have no idea.  The only thing I can assume is that you don't have the global shipping mod installed correctly?

4 minutes ago, sauviat said:

@MarcGAre you seeing orange planes in LNM? If so you should see the ships. Your ship setting do not have to be high, but at 50 you should have them.

yeah I see the planes just fine in LNM

1 minute ago, Waldo Pepper said:

I have no idea.  The only thing I can assume is that you don't have the global shipping mod installed correctly?

It's working in game I think, I'm seeing Ships that I've never seen before and I did everything as per the instructions in the other post

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

47 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

Are you using Little Nav Map on the same computer that is running the sim, or a networked computer.

To use it on network you run a program called Little Nav Connect, and that may not be transferring ship data.

I don't know about MSFS but I can confirm LNM for Prepar3d displays AI ships over the network if you have Little Nav Connect running.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I am not shure, but I got FSUIPC also running and I mean to know that you need wideview also, if you using apps from a different computer in the network.

Stephan from Germany

My System

I've noticed something, I placed the 'Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2' folder into my Community folder and did the Layout Generator thing with the manifest json there as well, after running the Sim a new folder was created in Community: 'global_ai_ship_traffic_v2_CVT_'

Should the files from the first Global folder be copied/moved to the CVT one?

This folder is created because its from FSX/P3D. This folder is not needed, theoretical you can delete, but first, it will come back at any changes and second it eats no bred-so you can leave it .

• Like 1

Stephan from Germany

My System

In LNM, go to Help, Map Legend, scroll down to Aircraft and ships, which are orange, but read the text and follow what it says - you may have something changed to get the grey.

Anyway, when you place the cursor on the vessel, are you getting any text about the vessel?

EG1 (a Global ship - note the title of the vessel: 

Title:
AI_Happy_Bride
Size:
702 ft

Heading:
290°M

Altitude
Actual:
-5 ft

Speed
Ground:
22 kts

Position
Coordinates:
50° 36' 27.20" N 1° 41' 37.84" W

========================================================

EG2 (a MSFS vessel - note the title has two figures after it - 01 -  all MSFS planes and vessels have numbers after them.

Title:
CargoGas01
Size:
970 ft

Heading:
136°M

Altitude
Actual:
0 ft

Speed
Ground:
0 kts

Position
Coordinates:
50° 49' 10.09" N 1° 5' 59.05" W

Martin Parr

LNM does not run from Wide View/FSUIPC, but you do for Plan G, etc. Pete Dowson spelt that out back when MSFS launched.

I use LNM on  a client and Plan G on another client

Martin Parr

If you go to Portsmouth Harbour (UK) right now, toy will five ships of the RN following in-line into the harbour - great stuff!

Martin Parr

10 minutes ago, sauviat said:

In LNM, go to Help, Map Legend, scroll down to Aircraft and ships, which are orange, but read the text and follow what it says - you may have something changed to get the grey.

Anyway, when you place the cursor on the vessel, are you getting any text about the vessel?

Fresh LNM installation, there are no Ships on the Map to mouseover only the Planes which are visible, the Boats icon up the top is greyed out.

Live Players or AI Only makes no difference

Edited by MarcG

46 minutes ago, MarcG said:

I have the latest LNM but the Ships are still greyed out, can't figure out how to turn them On.

In LNM try this,

1) In the "Scenery Library" tab confirm that "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020"  is selected as the scenery library.

2) In the "Scenery Library" tab,  select "Load Scenery Library".     In the box that pops up click on "Load".     LNM will then rebuild it's scenery data base by scanning your installation.

When it's done,  click "close".

edit: My install is LNM 2.6.4 beta.   

Edited by Waldo Pepper